Chapter 5: Crustakean.

Start from the beginning

We finished and put the pan in the oven.

"And now we wait!" She yelled triumphantly. We both grabbed a seat and began making small talk.

"So, I told you about myself, but you never told me about yourself." She said, matter-of-factly.

"Well, I've been fishing for about 5 years. I have two younger siblings. My dad came out of retirement to teach me how to fish. That's about it, I'm not really an interesting person."

"Sure you are! What are you into?"

"Sports. Any and all kinds."

"Do you watch football?"

"Hell yeah! The Seahawks are the best!"

"Woah, you didn't tell me you're a Seahawks fan. This is the start of a beautiful friendship." She said.

Bailey's POV

I'm still bothered at Nick's not-so-subtle attempt at helping me and Zack form a relationship. I mean, I told him 2 years ago not to say anything, but I guess he decided not to listen to that part. Hopefully he has the idea now, not to say anything and let me go about this how I want to. As much as he refuses to believe it, I can get myself a boyfriend when I want.

I'm enjoying getting to know Zack when the timer fro our Crustakean goes off. I take the food out of the oven, and I swear like a pack of starved bloodhounds Nick, Miles and Wild Bill quickly find their way into the kitchen.

"Something smells delicious." Wild Bill said.

"Well I hope so! Zack and I put a lot of effort into it." I replied.

"Am I smelling... Crustakean?" Nick asked.

"Yes you are." Zack replied.

"I didn't know Bailey knew about that" Miles said.

"Wha- No one is gonna give me credit for this!" I yelled, purposefully being over-dramatic.

"I will" Nick said, shoving his face. "You are the one who told me about it. Then I told these guys."

"Anyway, after we eat, we'll all get some sleep then go pull pots." Wild Bill informed us.

"Let's pray we get some crab. I wanna get King over with so we can move onto Bardi." Miles said.

"I think we all do." Nick agreed.

We finished eating and cleaned up. "Okay, who wants to steer the boat for a few hours while I get some sleep?"

"I can do it" I replied.

"You sure?"

"It's not my first time steering a boat. Besides, I'm nowhere near tired. You guys go get some sleep. I'll see you in a few hours."

"Night Bailey" the guys chimed simultaneously.

"Night"

I headed up the stairs and sat in the captain's chair. What I heard next had me rolling in laughter.

Hi guys!

I hope you liked this chapter! Boring I know, but I'm building up the story line. :) Let me know if you have a request for a chapter/part of the story.

Thank you all so much for reading this story and being so supportive! It really means the world to me.

Love you all!

~Dev, DeadliestSeahawk13