Chapter 5// Sidewalk Chalk

-2010- (9 years old)

The perfectionist he is, Liam creates the most perfect squares for their game. Kay already started as he was still drawing, almost stepping on his hand every leap. Hopscotch.

Her hair shimmered into bronze curls. Her locks would bounce at every jump. "Time yet?" She asked. She asked him this one multiple occasions, only they knew what she was talking about. He bite his tongue and shook his head.

"Lauren likes Jay." She blurted.

"I know, Jay told me." He replied and still concentrated on his multiple square masterpiece.

"How'd he find out?!" She said bewildered.

"I don't know, go ask him."

"Too weird." He snorted. "It is!" She ripped up some grass on here side yard.

"I think I'm done." He said. He threw his purple chalk to the ground and stood up. He wiped off the chalk that covered his jeans.

"Finally," She exhaled. She stood up from the grass and started. "Does Jay like Lauren?"

"He hasn't talked to me much," he said. "If you want the truth, go ask." He plays hopscotch shortly behind her.

"That's always your answer." She moans.

"It's a great answer." She rolls her eyes at him.

"It's not gonna help help you through life."

"It might." He counteracted. She scoffs.

"What do you think of it?" She stumbles on one of the jumps. She blows her outgrown bangs out of her face.

"Maybe," He states, quietly.