Chapter 53: Growing Distance

Start from the beginning

Unfortunately, his blood.

Y/N shook her head, blinking rapidly to clear the image of him away from her mind.

"Oppa, what is this?" Y/N asked in a normal voice. Or at least, tried to.

What came out was a whisper.

"You know what it is. We are trying to find out why this person looks like Youngsoo because we all know it's not him." Yoongi took a breath. "We just wanted to inform you about it. Do you have any idea what this is?"

"What do you mean he is not my brother?" Y/N asked sharply.

Yoongi blinked. "Huh?"

"What do you mean he is not him? Of course, he is him, just look at him! He was being careless, he revealed his identity! He wants to help us! We need to find him! Who knows what happened to him? What if he is asking for help?" Y/N spoke fast, just as fast as her heart was beating.

It wasn't possible this was not real.

It had to be.

He had to be real.

Maybe this would keep her hopes high for life, and one more reason to stop being careless herself.

Maybe finding him would bring her a part of her family back.

Maybe she could find herself again.

Maybe they could go to their tree together again.

Maybe, just maybe, they could be like how they were before.

"Y/N, think clearly, and have some water." Yoongi pushed a glass of water toward her, and Y/N took it.

But the glass dropped to the floor and Y/N flinched.

Jimin took a step forward to help, but thought the better of it and stepped back.

She bent to pick up the glass pieces but Hoseok stopped her.

"Y/N. Go to your room. You need some time to think. And do not roam around, I have my eyes on you." Hoseok turned to the others. "Meeting is over. Sunghoon, would you like to take her to your rooms?"

"Sure," Sunghoon stood up, guiding Y/N out of the room. His wound was healing so he could now walk freely, but it would still take some time.

"Jimin. Jungkook. How long are you planning on staying mad at her?" Hoseok asked the duo.

"As long it takes for her to learn her lesson." Jimin shrugged.

"You know it will take forever. Until then you still have to work together. How are you planning to do that?" Yoongi asked sarcastically.

"We will figure it out. First, we need to find out why did Youngsoo leave such a big clue for us. Is it really an accident, a clue, or maybe a trap, we have no idea. This is a bigger problem." Jungkook said.

Yoongi gave him a look.

"Everyone knows that your fight is going to be of more priority than the case."

Jungkook looked away, feeling caught.

"I just hope that this won't affect your attention to the case. Have a good night's sleep you two, you didn't sleep last night." Yoongi patted their backs and left the room.

The truth was, no one slept last night.

Everyone was up, pacing back and forth through their rooms.

Because the maknaes getting angry at Y/N was something no one had seen.

Sure, they had small fights, but this was something else.

And it terrified them.

Because as day passed more and more unexpected things were happening, and everyone was scared to think of anything more unexpected that could happen.

Who knows god might be waiting for them to speak.

||

Y/N woke up in cold sweat.

The clock ticked midnight, and her heartbeat raced faster than ever.

"It wasn't real it was a dream," Y/N whispered, over and over to herself.

This nightmare was different than others, and even more so terrifying.

Y/N stood up, taking up her phone, on her way to go to the one person she always went to during her nightmare troubles.

But her hand stopped on the doorknob as she remembered their fight yesterday.

She couldn't go to him, he won't open the door anyway.

So Y/N just stood there, remembering Youngsoo's stern face to wipe away the nightmarish version.

It still reminded her of how he looked when he was young, she had thought his features would become more masculine and her features would become more feminine.

But she could still see parts of her in him, the eyes they shared, and the same button nose. He was just like she remembered him, just a bit older.

She always wondered how would he look when he was older.

Maybe he had wanted to answer her question.

But even she didn't know how horribly wrong she was.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.