Cousin Vania

Cole's POV

As far as I know, nobody smiled for a week. Skylor had moved to the monastery to support Kai, who was grieving badly, Lloyd was silent and barely spoke, and Jay had locked himself in the library and only came out for meals.

After a while, Zane and Pixal ended up committing suicide because they couldn't handle the emotions. I was fine with it; We'd never liked those robot heads anyway (no hate to either of them). Eventually Misako and Wu invited Kai and Nya's parents to stay in the monastery too. They took over Nya's room.

I was still grieving myself; Wouldn't you if one of your closest, most supportive friends died? Wouldn't you? But I was more concerned about Jay. I hadn't heard him talk in over a week, and he never opened the library door.

So I did something I would not normally do. I told my friends I was leaving to stay in Shintaro for a while but I'd be back.

The truth was, I would never return. I'd stay there, forget about Nya and all my friends; For it was too painful to think about, and have a new life there.

When I arrived at Shintaro, everyone was there to greet me, but I noticed Vania was looking a little bit suspicious.

She never said anything when I asked her what was up, but eventually she took me to her father's room to "show me something".

"Look at this, Cole," she said, handing me a book.

I flipped it open. "What is this book?" I asked, leafing through some of the pages.

"It's my father's diary. I found it when I was searching his room for weapons." she replied. Then she snatched the book from me before I could read a word, and flipped the pages until she came across a black, rusted DVD inside.

"You have to watch this, Cole, it's insane!" she said, and pulled out a special DVD disk projector thingy and inserted the disk into it.

Instantly a video projected on the wall. It showed a hospital's silent hallway.

"It's a vlog that my father made," Vania explained. "But it gets crazy, just watch."

"Hello, whoever found this DVD, I warn you, please be prepared, because you are about to witness a kidnap and murder scene right now," said Vangelis, holding the camera up to his face.

"What? Kidnap and murder?" I gasped.

Vania shushed me with a glare.

Vangelis walked down the hallway, arriving at "Room 107" of the hospital.

Vania paused the video, and stared at me. She pointed to the nameplate on the outside of the door.

It said, Heather Brookstone. I gasped.

"Do you know that name?" Vania asked me.

"Heck yeah! I do! That's my aunt's name! She died two years after I was born," I replied.

"Let's hope no one hears me," said Vangelis, smiling evilly at the camera. "I've always wanted a daughter to betray, so here goes...wish me luck."

I saw him open the door of the room, which showed my aunt, Heather, sleeping on the hospital bed. Next to her in the special baby cage thingy was a small girl baby.

I watched as Vangelis pulled out a knife and, off-camera, stabbed Aunt Heather as she let out a quiet cry for help.

Soon the camera turned to show Heather's dead, bleeding body.

I gasped. "He killed my aunt!" I yelled.

"I know, but look! It gets crazier," said Vania.

"They say this baby's name is Vania Brookstone," said Vangelis, pointing to the baby. "She's mine now." and it ended.

"No!" I screamed. "It can't be!"

"Cole...the baby is me," Vania sighed. "He said it. Literally what you just saw."

I thought I was about to faint. "Wait! We're...cousins?" I looked at Vania.

"Seems like it," Vania replied with a sly smile. "But that won't stop me from doing this." And before I knew it, she wrapped me in a hug and planted a kiss on my cheek. I blushed.

"Vania! What?" I gasped.

"It's okay, cousin-brother Cole," she replied.

I don't know what happened next but, I do remember, I returned to the monastery with Vania, my cousin.