Chapter 46: Gain their Trust

Start from the beginning

Y/N noticed his expression and her laughter dropped to a smile, which vanished as soon as it came.

"We are having a crisis here and you all are playing hide and seek. What are you, five-year-olds?" Y/N kept a stern voice, to erase the laughter from moments ago.

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows. "You also play overwatch."

Y/N raised an eyebrow at him.

Namjoon gulped. "No, I mean, you can play overwatch, I was just saying that-"

"Cut the crap. Now either find another hiding place or sit here and do not speak a word." Y/N said, and without waiting for an answer put her earphones back on and got to the center of the room.

Namjoon slowly made his way to the door, but as he did so he heard footsteps.

"He must be hiding somewhere here. I know that." It was Jungkook.

Namjoon widened his eyes. He can not lose this game.

He glanced back to Y/N who was already into one of her own extensive martial art routines. Namjoon looked at the door and slowly backed away, going to sit in a corner.

Y/N, oblivious to the game going around, focused on her routine.

Y/N moved, her movements fluid and sharp, so fast Namjoon's eyes couldn't catch every move. He tried to memorize them but failed.

"How many years did she train for this?" Namjoon mused in a low voice so that no one could hear.

Y/N finished with a roundhouse kick and bowed at the end of the routine. Walking to the racks, she took the towel to wipe off the sweat while checking on her phone.

At the moment Hoseok and Yoongi were going to the lab, Jimin was in the library, Taehyung was in the kitchen, Jungkook was prowling around the house looking for his prey, Maria and Sunghoon were in their rooms, and Jin was in the living room.

Namjoon was of course in the training room with her.

Y/N glanced at the boy who was also staring at her.

Namjoon looked away, suddenly the roof seemed so very interesting.

He could feel Y/N's gaze but he wouldn't ever dare to look back.

"How long are you gonna stare like a giraffe?" Y/N said, annoyed.

Namjoon looked back at her but again looked down at his feet.

"Why can't you keep eye contact for more than a second do you even realize how disadvantageous it is during an attack?" Y/N said, more like scolded him.

"And what's with the posture, sit up straight it's gonna hurt your back during training." Namjoon immediately straightened, catching her eye in the moment.

"And for fuck's sake stop that fiddling." Y/N rolled her eyes.

"God, you are so fucking scared all the time how the fuck are you gonna fight opponents?" Y/N folded her hands, staring at the boy who just looked down.

"Fucking look at me when I talk." Namjoon glanced up at her eyes.

His eyes, scared.

Her eyes, angry.

"Why are you getting so angry?" He asked slowly in confusion.

"Because you are fucking ridiculous! You play hide and seek with Jungkook, and joke around with everyone in this fucking house, then why the fuck are you acting like I would kill you in three seconds if you breathed in front of me? That's fucking annoying!" Y/N huffed angrily.

"You are my ex-kidnapper!" Namjoon exclaimed incredulously.

"Well, I was! Now I'm here to fucking save your ass from them why the fuck would I kill you?" Y/N snapped.

"What's to guarantee you won't?" Namjoon asked.

"If I wanted to kill I wouldn't be having this talk right now," Y/N stated the obvious.

"But...why?" Namjoon asked, perplexed.

"Because I want everyone in this house to trust me. Your safety is my priority. I can't let any of you die, even though I wanted to kill you a few days ago. Jimin, Jungkook, Yoongi, Hoseok, Maria, Sunghoon and even Taehyung, they will listen to me if I tell them to duck down a bullet or put a bullet in someone. But you and Jin, you both would never listen. And that would jeopardize the safety of everyone. And I can't let that happen, not now, not ever." Y/N sighed.

Namjoon just stared at Y/N, not knowing how to react. This annoyed Y/N even futher.

"I thought maybe if I trained you, helped you defend yourself better, you could trust me. I guess not." Y/N shrugged, walking backward to the door.

Namjoon's eyes widened, was this why she was training him?

Y/N was at the door, but she paused before going out.

"But," Y/N glanced over her shoulder, "even if you don't trust me, you will have to obey my instructions in the face of danger, or else I won't spare you. It's either you live because of me, or die because of me."

Y/N left the room, her footsteps echoing in the corridor.

Namjoon sat in the room, replaying Y/N's words.

It was true they didn't trust her enough, but her words made him question, were they genuinely said or an attempt to guilt trip Namjoon into her trap?

||

Vote for President Namjoon.