Chapter 44: Long Time, No See?

Start from the beginning

||

"Knew it. They were always hiding something." Y/N muttered as she removed her earphones.

She never wanted to spy on them.

She just wanted to check if the microphones in the area are working or not.

It was pure luck that she found the two brothers talking.

Or maybe not luck because the first thing she did after seeing the duo near the pond was to open the microphones on the pond and listen to their talk.

Anyways.

Y/N looked at Jin who was still sitting by the pond. Then to Taehyung who could be seen with Namjoon near the window. Her eyes roamed over the trio, so entangled in this twisted game.

"There is a reason you haven't told me this yet. And it's because you don't trust me enough." Y/N left a small sigh.

"But I'm giving you time. Tell me yourself. Until then, I'm gonna spy on you anyways." Y/N shrugged as she put on her earphones again, turning on the audio of the microphone positioned near the sofa which gave her complete access to hear whatever Taehyung and Namjoon were currently fighting about.

"Let us see how long you can keep up," Y/N muttered switching to different audios of previous days to see if the brothers revealed anything in the past as well.

||

Jimin's fingers flew over the keyboard as he furiously typed the code to find out the location of the person in their suspicion list.

They had stopped their training and were now focusing on finding the attacker. Their only hope was to figure out the location of the guy they saw at the internet cafe and hope that he is not who they think he is.

At the very same moment, the computer beeped and a voicemail arrived.

A seemingly harmless file.

Which increased some eyebrows.

"What is that?" Jungkook asked, suspicion laced in his voice.

"I don't know, it just came," Jimin answered back, equally anxious.

They both looked at each other, debating whether they should open the file or not. The risk was huge, they can't give away their information to whoever sent this by opening the file, but they can't ignore it either.

"Let us ask Y/N." They both said at the same time.

Jungkook rang a quick call to Y/N and fifteen minutes later there were two knocks, one on the door and one on the window.

Y/N slid into the room from the window while Yoongi and Hoseok entered the room from the main door.

Jungkook and Jimin looked at the two wondering why were they there.

"Y/N called," Yoongi replied.

"I see," Jimin said.

"Where is it?" Y/N asked impatiently.

Jimin pointed to the file sitting in his inbox, completed and decoded with no virus from all the scans they had performed.

"We couldn't find anything suspicious which raises even more suspicion," Jimin explained. "They won't give out their location like this. Either this is a trap or a threat."

Y/N released a deep breath and opened the file.

It was an audio file.

The distorted voice spoke 'Long time, no see'.

Everyone stopped.

Waited.

And waited.

"That's it?" Y/N said, surprised.

"I would have expected something more," Yoongi said, processing everything.

"Jimin, play this backward, upward, downward, in any way you can, decode encode recode do whatever but scan it thoroughly. They won't send it without reason. There must be something." Y/N ordered.

The said man got to work and Y/N left the room with Yoongi and Hoseok.

"Oppa, I have a strong feeling that something is going to get wrong soon. We need to be on guard." Y/N said with a worried undertone.

"No matter what happens, we will do our best to keep everyone safe," Hoseok assured her.

"I have no doubt about that. I'm just scared I won't be able to end this before it's too late. It took away Eomma Appa from me, I can't let them take my brothers too." Y/N said with a sigh.

Yoongi side-hugged the girl as she leaned on his form.

Y/N looked up to see the painting in front of them, a blue butterfly flying high over a whole city of ruins.

Under it was a quote,

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
-Peter Pan

Y/N smiled slightly, remembering the day she helped him hang the painting and write this specific quote because they were watching Peter Pan the day before.

He painted the painting and told her, "If you ever feel like drowning, remember, you are made for the sky, we don't go down in history, we fly above it."

"I will always fly high over it," Y/N whispered as she ran a hand over the initials under the painting.

"Forever."

||

Vote for President Namjoon.