Chapter 43: Gardens with Ponds

Start from the beginning

"Tae, if you are there, kindly come out you are no good at hiding." He laughed as Tehyung revealed himself, face scrunched up in an attempt to look angry.

"I was not hiding I was just taking a walk." Taehyung clarified, but the boy just laughed harder.

"Okay, okay, so how much did you hear?" He asked in all seriousness.

Taehyung fiddled under his knowing gaze as he knew he had been caught.

"Everything."

"So what are your thoughts on it?"

"I would take up the job."

"Why?"

"It will make me stronger. And to be able to save me and my family, or what remains of it." Taehyung's smile faltered a bit but he didn't let it fall.

He sighed and put a comforting hand on Taehyung's shoulder.

"You wanna hear stories about my house? It will give you ideas on how to build your own house!" He suggested and Taehyung nodded happily.

He guided Taehyung to walk along the corridor as he began speaking.

"Did your house have a garden?" Taehyung asked excitedly.

"Of course it did! There were all types of flowers, roses, sunflowers, marigolds, lilies, all of them. We planted it ourselves. It was a project for us to make our own garden separately, but we ended up collaborating." He chuckled slightly.

"We? Who was with you?" Taehyung asked curiously.

"Another story for another day." The boy winked and Taehyung pouted.

"Okay tell me more. I will have a garden in my house, how about a fountain?" Taehyugn continued the discussion.

By now the duo had walked to the end of the stairs and now they both sat on the lowest stair as the boy engaged Taehyung in a discussion.

"Fountain is cool, but in our garden, we had a pond. You see, my partner had found a frogspawn, and she was determined to hatch them. So we collaborated again to make a small pond for our frogs to live in. The oldest frog was named 'Jumpy'," the duo laughed at the name.

"Jumpy? Seriously," Taehyung giggled.

"And then we added fishes and snails and everything in there. It was beautiful. She loved the fishes so much." The boy continues.

"She? Was your partner in crime a girl? How was she?" Taehyung asked again.

He sighed and looked down at his hands.

"She was the deadliest person in the world, but I loved her the most."

||

~Flashback ends~

||

"Deadliest person." Taehyung chuckled a bit, shaking his head at how ignorant they had been.

"This was a trap all along. Hyung being kidnapped, us being attacked, a deal to save him, this was all planned from the start."

A bitter feeling filled Taehyung as he said those words. He had trusted people, but it all turned out to be a waste in the end.

He had always been the most naive, the most trusting person in the group. Even now, his treacherous heart was telling him to go to them and confront them about everything to be sure that everything was not how he thought it to be.

Yet he stood there, unable to do so.

He wanted to believe it, but he couldn't. Because that was how he is. The essence of who he was, and he couldn't forget it. Not now, not ever.

Thus, Taehyung stood up, took a last glance at the pond and the garden, and did what his heart said.

Believe in those who are with you, because trust goes both ways and he hoped with all his heart he would receive the same trust he had sent their way.

"I don't know if your partner in crime is our partner too or just using us, but I do trust the fact that she is actually the deadliest person in the world. But if you trust her, I'll do the same." Taehyung promised to himself and to him.

They had a long way ahead.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.