Part 6

Neteyam's Pov:

When I woke up I immediately remembered Nung was going to tell me something today. I found myself thinking about him the whole morning.

"Neteyam." My mom suddenly called out and I flinched. "Are you okay? What are you thinking about?" She asked and walked over to check on me.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I just...zoned out?" I paused and she nodded.

"Mhmm." She hummed in disbelief.

"I did." I tried to convince her and she put her hands up in defense.

"I didn't say anything." She laughed and I narrowed my eyes. Then there was a knock.

"I'll get it!" Lo'ak yelled from the living room.

"Hey-"

"No."

Then the door slammed shut.

"WAS THAT NUNG?!" I shouted and ran to the door. It was.

"Sorry, that was Lo'ak. I'll yell at him later... what's up?" I asked and completely opened the door so I could pull him inside.

"Oh, I just wanted to ask if you and Kiri want to come and swim with me and Rotxo." He smiled and held my hand.

"Sure, I'll get her." I smiled back and let go so I could wake Kiri.

Neytiri's Pov:

So this is him? Hmm, not ugly.

"Hello, Ao'nung, yes?" I spoke out as we all watched Neteyam leave to wake Kiri.

"Yes, good morning." He smiled and walked over to me.

"Would you like some?" I asked and offered him dried banana fruit chips.

"No thank you." He replied and I nodded.

"Lo'ak stop staring, it rude." I shouted to him as I caught a glimpse of his glare.

"Hmm." He grumbled, rolled his eyes and walked over.

"How are you friends with my bro? You better not try anything, I'll beat your-... stuff." He cut himself off and looked Ao'nung up and down.

"I'm not sure." Ao'nung said, trying to keep his kind attitude but I knew he wanted to argue with lo'ak. That, I laughed at.

"Don't start anything you can't finish, Lo'ak." I chucked and grabbed my cup to take it to the sink.

"I'll beat him any day." Lo'ak scoffed and Ao'nung just smiled bitterly.

"Nung! We're ready!" Neteyam yelled as he and Kiri walked over to us.

"Oh, okay. Very nice meeting you Mrs. Sully." Ao'nung smiled genuinely and they left.

He seems to be well behaved, unlike his mother.

Neteyam's Pov:

"Did they say anything? Did Lo'ak threaten you?" I asked Nung and he grabbed my hand.

"No, your moms really nice tho." He answered calmly and intertwined out fingers. I just hummed, and Kiri hit me with her tail. When I looked at her she smirked and wiggled her eyebrows.

'Shhh' I mouthed and she grinned.

"Oh, by the way, Rotxo is gonna meet us at the beach. I think he's there right now." Nung said and my neck snapped to Kiri with a guilty look on my face.

"Rotxo!? NETEYAM! You didn't tell me! I could have fixed myself!" She screamed and punched my arm.

"Yeah... sorry." I smiled with my teeth and laughed.