With ripped jeans and an Avenged Sevenfold shirt sitting comfortably against my frame, I make my way into Maggie's old office. My combat boots quietly glide along the ground while my short hair bounces around my face. The twins quickly position themselves into the corner, working diligently and silently on the work I assigned them. The world might be ending, but I refuse for my children to be uneducated. I lower myself into Maggie's chair while a headache beats quietly away. The consequences of last nights actions, but it was absolutely worth it. It was almost like a reset; Wren and I spoke endlessly of our friends. I feel renewed enough to tackle today's problems.

Barely five minutes into sorting through the paperwork, the door swings open, revealing Yumiko. I set the papers down, intertwining my fingers as she sits in the chair across from me. She smiles in greeting, "good to see you out and about." I cock my head, curious as to what this woman needs. At my silence, she begins to list off the problems we've faced the last few days.

After a few seconds of silence, I nod, "have a group with some heavy hitters go on a run, get the supplies we need. Create a list and double check it with everyone before they leave. I don't want them gone longer than a week. If they meet the deadline, they need to return, empty-handed or not. We need to be careful. Don't forget to remind them of the borders. Furthermore, I want someone to train everyone who is sitting on their hands. Things have been quiet for six years, I'm sure people got rusty. I know what Alpha said, but I don't trust the bitch as far as I can throw her. I want people to be ready. If you can't find anyone, come find me. I'll do it. Also, all the smaller stuff, I'm sure you can handle without me stepping in?"

She agrees, standing, heading for the door. She pauses, peering over her shoulder after glancing at the children minding their own, "for what it's worth, I don't believe Michonne. I don't know you or what you went through, but I don't think you'd be with the skins."

"Thank you," I whisper as the door closes behind her. Note to self, get to know her and the group she came with; I have a feeling they are going to be people we truly need from here on out.

Sighing, I straighten up, observing the community work through the window near the desk. I still have doubts I can lead this group, let alone into a possible battle. Depending on how well Yumiko comes through, I might make her my second in command. She dd take charge while I was indisposed. I glance over my shoulder, eyes searching the office, running a hand through my short hair. How the hell did I end up running a community that banned me for so long? Weirder things have happened, I suppose.

My fingers tangle themselves in Abraham's dog tags hanging around my neck. I miss the crazy redhead. I'm sure he'd have some colorful things to say about the skins and the shit we've faced and are currently dealing with. I could use his brand of humor right about now.

We've lost so much since I joined this group in Atlanta. They picked me up on the side of the river, as I was almost reluctant, but now, here I am; only Maggie, Carol, Daryl, and I stand from the farm. I doubt I'd still be alive without them intervening, or I could ended up in the wrong group like Negan's or The Governor's. I could've been on the wrong side of any battlefield.

Or I could've been exactly like Negan, facing down my own Rick. Small blessings that I agreed to join the cowboy. I don't what to consider the endless possibilities that mostly end in my demise.

I startle seeing Daryl standing before me, cursing myself that I let my wall down long enough to not sense someone else entering the room, allowing him to sneak up on me. "Aye, where were ya just now?" He questions, face twists in concern. I observe his hands place some food on the desk. "I brought lunch, and was hopin' to talk."

"Thank you," I smile. I gesture for him to pull up a chair beside me. My eyes flick to the twins, taking a small break to eat the food their father brought them. "Sorry I was just thinking..." I trail off. He makes a sound of acknowledgment. "What's up?"