Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Lucky’s POV

We left the entrance of the parlor with such quickness, my Gem could barely stay on her feet.

“Where are you taking me?”

“I am taking you home but first I need to touch you.”

Following the direction of the wind. Which just so happened to be in the direction I parked. Unable to wait any longer. “I need to feel you. May I?”

“Mmm, yes.”

I safely cocoon her in my embrace, slamming my arms against the bright colored brick building. Behind her back I slip my right glove off, clutching onto it with my left. Now, time to finally touch her.

Tickling her along her neck with my hand as I suckle the other side with my kisses. I whisper against her skin, raising bumps of excitement. “I can never go a day without touching you again. All I want to do is to feel you.”

My hand raises her skirt enough to slide under like a snake, seeking out prey. She is no weak link. I was the one baited today. And… I can’t even be mad about it. She drove me up the wall with her naughty behavior. 

"You can only touch, if you follow through. No more games."

"This is no game. My sweet Gem. It's a risk. I don't want to hurt you." Hovering above her.

"I would risk everything for just one night with you." Pressing her shoulders against the brick, thrusting her hips forward. Aching for friction. Mirroring her movements, I remain still distanced.

"Don't say that. What if you only had one night?" Almost holding my breath for her answer. 

"Lucky, you don't know certain things about me. I am not afraid of the end. Everything ends. Sometimes darker than others.' Her voice crackled in her plea. 'I could think of worse ways of ending things.”

My boiling point has peaked. A rumble stirs, deep in my chest. Frustration. Anger at the situation. Pissed at my own fear. But worse, weak. Unable to fight restraint any longer. She has me throwing caution to the wind. Reckless in lust. 

I kiss her hard, breathing for one another. Her lungs deplete, leaving a heady vapor behind. She moaned against my lips. “Lucky, touch me.”

The tips of her coffin shaped manicured nails scrape my scalp, pressing her pelvis against me where it matters. I could really give a fuck that we are standing, braced up against the colorful mural of an icecream store. I pick up her leg by the bend of her knee, making her skirt slide down exposing her beautiful flesh. “I want to lick you from here…. To here.”

My finger surfs over the surface, sliding to dip into the watery pool I crave. “You are swimming with need.” and I am drowning. I savor her flavor as if it was the ice cream sample she moaned over earlier. 

“Take me right here.”
Her words echo my conscious, paranoia. One small ounce believes if I turn her…. It would expose the monster I am. Maybe people would stone me right here, pants down. Broken and once again alone. I brush the stay strand from her face, accidentally grazing the brick behind her. The small golden smudge stares at me. Haunted by a beautiful golden monument from my past. Unable to take the chance.

“Not here.” I pull her to the car. Practically ripping the handle off. If I used just an ounce more muscle, handing her the seatbelt. Closing the door. 

Distance. No longer touching her, I try to clear my head, fuzzy, confused. Can I do this? Risk this. Is this the biggest mistake of my life? I have been on my self righteous high horse for a while now. Are my actions tonight justifiable?

The red light illuminates my fear, taunting me. Giving me a moment of breath but minutes of stalling. A part of me just wants to be buried deep in her. Another fears the darkest hour of my life. The first nearly killed me. If it wasn’t for the hope of my gloves. I grip the wheel a bit tighter as the green releases me from my stress. 

Like a chain event, we crawled not even 100 yards before the next red lit lamp. My focus narrowed as my heart pumps the matching colored liquid at an accelerated rate. 

“Lucky, hey. Red light!” She leans over and smacks my lips playfully with hers. Immediately, I suck the taste of her into my mouth. Cherry chapstick. Mmm. When did she do that? Her light demeanor only rubs off on me. How can I not reflect this vibe she is emanating? She's perfect. 

Every light we approach, she lands kisses along my lips, leaning over the console, moaning from our bodies creaking, stretching over to one another. Her laugh is even more contagious than her smile. It made me want to hit every single light ahead.

With every stop each kiss is getting more and more fervent. It is the last light before home and I pour my emotions into her. She matches my needs, forgetting for a minute that we are stopped. 

(Honk) 

(Honk)

She smiles defiantly waving at the person behind us. Biting her lip, a blush kisses her pale skin. How can she get any more stunning?

We both laugh as I launch my car forward, signaling onto my road. 

How can she alone take me from the inner cage of my thoughts? Almost able to pull Lucifer himself out of his cage. Before I was stewing on the what if's. Now, I have hope. What if this works?

She is like a force. A power that is undeniable. The drive that guides me. I must trust she knows what is about to happen.

“This is my place.”