Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Lucky's POV

Sitting in my normal booth, waiting for the gorgeous creature to approach me. A pencil stabbed in the hair of her updo, as little hairs tickle the base of her neck, curling cutely framing her. Just wanting to twirl it around my finger. Bet it's soft to touch. 

The half that's normally pale as the moon it's hues are now a light green. I smile because the color makes her gray eyes so reflective against that shade. Like trees glistening off a lake.

Fuck, I'm having a hard time holding it together since she is wearing that viridescent color head to toe. My second favorite color. The first being her eyes, reflecting a silvery chrome. 

She's at the cash register and yelling to one of the cooks in the back, "Do you have Sam's number? Or what about Jason's?"

I don't know who this Sam or Jason guy is but I don't like the idea that she needs their numbers. 

I leaned my head as far to the corner of the table as I could, trying to hear the conversation over the noisy patrons. I feel like such a creeper but I just can't help it. No one has landed on my radar since…. How does one navigate these waters? This moment makes me realize how small I am. The vast ocean drowned me for so long. Now, Gem feels like a liferaft. 

"Hey, Sam, it's Gemma from work. If there is any way you can pull like three hours tonight,' rolling her eyes as he must have told her his demands. Exasperated she says, 'Fine, I'll owe you one. Thank you so much! Yes, see you in ten minutes."

Her conversation consisted of asking for coverage, not wanting their phone numbers to date them; she must not have her phone. This could be a direct correlation to why our conversation during the video chat ended so abruptly.

She needs a phone. Well, I'll either leave the money or get her a phone, maybe then I'd be able to finish the conversation with her; we started yesterday. Watch her skin glow, illuminating blush pink. 

As she smiles in my direction slowly blinking just like a cat would. God damn she takes my fucking breath from my body. She brushes over that pale alabaster skin, affixing her strap back in place. 

I need her to get a phone sooner than later, weighing out what would be fastest. If I give her money, would she buy one or use it for something else? The only option that would be guaranteed is to buy her one. How do I get it for her? Do I care if she knows it's me? No. 

Still watching her, she busses a table, taking the tip and slipping it into her brazier. I wonder if my gratuity will be going that close to her heart? 

Within the hour things are filling in, getting busier but she keeps my cup full. It is the craziest I've ever seen it in here. Even with everyone in this diner, she still shows me that she sees me. Sam has come in to help and to my satisfaction… She keeps him at a professional distance.  Thank God. 

I contemplate if tonight should be the night that I try, fingering the rim of my glove. The rush of emotions, a purely terrified feeling is jolting through me. I slowly peel my glove off and rub the dew from my palm onto my pant leg. Would I be able to touch her and not burn her? One brush may determine if what happened the other day was a figment of my imagination or it can be a new hope for me in the future. 

Am I ready to touch? I haven't felt something in so long. Would I be able to handle it? She goes to refill my cup and slowly I start reaching for her hand as she hovers over my coffee. 

She glances at me through her peripheral vision. 
Smiling, so sweet and attentive and yet sultry. One expression she has me pinned. 

My fingers extended, reaching for her. At the last second, I grabbed my already golden straw.