Chapter 6 - The Heir

IN THE OFFICE

Tae's pov:

"Sir, you have to sign these files and check those documents by today," my secretary Yeri said.

"Yeah, okay. I'll call you when I'm done" I said, and she left the room

I left y/n all alone in that mansion. Will she be alright? Now I'm responsible for her. What if something happens to her? I have to complete these documents and go back to the mansion as soon as possible.

I work on the document, and suddenly my door opens without any knocks.

"I told you to kn-" I stop my words when I see a familiar face

               "Hello, brother!"

               "Jungkook- ah, when did you come to Korea?"

             "Only today, Hyung. What are you doing here? You just got married but you're working already, leaving your wife alone."

              "That's why I told you to help me. One day, you have to be the CEO of this company. Try to learn all the basics from now on."

"Nah. Not gonna happen. I am not made for the CEO chair. Don't try to put your workload on me, Hyung," he smirked and sat comfortably on the sofa in my office.

"I know you want to enjoy your life, but this is your company. One day you have to take over my place."

"Oh, come on Hyung. I'm not interested in working around the clock, sitting in the chair and making a toast to someone I don't like."

"And if I want to step down sooner?"

"Then I will make your future child an heir and I will live my life happily in Hawaii," he says with a big smile on his face.

"I too agree. I want to see my grandchild soon." I hear Mr. Jeon, my step-dad's voice near the door.

"Dad." we both said in unison.

"Jungkook is still a child, he doesn't know anything about business."

"Dad's right, Hyung, what if I become a CEO and bring down our company and even destroy everything you both have built 'still now? No, that can't happen."

This dad-son duo always makes me speechless. *sigh*

"So, Tae, give me a grandchild soon. I want to spend my time with them," he says and sits near Jungkook.

"I think you are forgetting something here dad, it's a forced marriage, and I was never interested in this marriage from the start. I only married her because you told me to. So don't expect anything from me."

"Hyung, try to listen to dad," Jungkook replied.

"There is nothing to listen to. I completed the work. I'm leaving now," I say, and leave the office.