Prom - Rafe

Rafe could never say it out loud, in fear he would be made fun of  by his fellow kooks. Even though he wanted to shout to everyone about how beautiful you are.

In all honesty, he probably wouldn't actually do it . He cared too much about his reputation as the popular and tough boy. He loved how people looked his way in fear. But not you. From the first day you came to obx, you made your way into his life in his second year of middle school. You were always quiet, had a close group of friends but always stayed out of the limelight. The opposite of Rafe.

Now, on your final year of school, he still cannot shake your kind face and light personality in comparison of his. You were paired to tutor Rafe because he was failing English and during this time his hard exterior grew on you . He would be lying if he said he didn’t enjoy the lessons too.

“Come on Rafe, be a man!” Topper shook his best friends shoulder as he grumbled in response.

“I AM A MAN!” he whisper yelled back.  He was trying to convince Rafe to ask you to Prom.

“then do it!”

“NO!”

Rafe could feel his entire body heating up when he heard your voice down the hall, cheerfully laughing away with your friends. You had that effect on him, to make his entire body burn.

He decided now was his time. He walked up to you and your friends.
"Y/n! I need to talk to you about our lesson later," stated Rafe and he gave your friends look - indicating that they should leave.
"So what's wrong? Do you need to reschedule?" you asked.
"No, no it's not that. Uhm so prom is in two weeks and I was just wondering if you were going with anyone," he asked.
"Yeah actually... Uhhh Topper already asked me," you shyly replied.
His face dropped.
"I'm just kidding! No one has asked me yet. What about you?" you jokingly asked.
"Oh uhh I knew that. I just wanted to know if you wanted to come with me?

To prom.

Together," he asked.

"Me? Are you sure? I mean if you feel bad for me or something you don't have to worry I'll find a date," you explained.
His eyes widened.

"I would never. I really want to go with you. I've liked you since forever and I feel now is the time to see if we could make it work. Starting with prom," he sincerely stated.

You smiled. "Of course I'll go with you."