Chapter 19 - Are you strong enough to stand?

My love has concrete feet
My love's an iron ball
Wrapped around your ankles
Over the waterfall

Of course, you didn't know what an anti-tank rifle was.

But Chishiya did.

And it didn't seem like the time to ask questions, because dozens of people were running towards you. Some of them were also getting huge chunks of them blown off. To put it briefly.

"A gun is doing that!?" You screamed, joining the runners after two seconds of initial surprise. "Why don't we hide behind cars, if it's a gun!?"

"It's pointless." Chishiya was also running behind you, his voice... mildly agitated, maybe. Like this was a minor inconvenience in his day.

"Has the game already started?" Usagi was panting, having a much more natural reaction to the fact that some maniac psycho killer was putting holes that were about the size of your head in people. "Have they explained the rules?"

"I don't know." You felt tired after your sprint. You should have done a lot more cardio in the real world.

"There aren't rules, it's just mass murder!" Ah, that was calming. Thank you, Arisu.

"That rifle can fire from a kilometer away." Chishiya said, all of you hiding behind a building, stopping for a second to catch your breath.

"I've heard the sound of that gun before." Kuina commented, after hearing some more noises.

You blinked twice, three times. Unbelievable. "You guys can differentiate guns by their sounds? Aren't they all equally terrifying?" You wanted to scream at them, losing your nerves. You decided against it - it wouldn't be of any help.

"Now they're using an assault rifle."

"How many are there?" You asked to Usagi, who was sticking her head out the side of the structure, to see.

"They're coming this way, run!" Was the what you received for an answer. And so you did.

People were pushing you, running in all directions, screaming, crying. You weren't particularly silent either, only you were blaspheming and screaming both in your mother tongue and Japanese. You fell to the ground one, two, three times, always standing up as soon as you could, running until you started to feel your lungs would give out, trying not to focus on all the dead bodies you had to jump over.

You ended on one of the main streets leading to Shibuya, hiding behind a car with Kuina and Chishiya, having lost Usagi and Arisu on the way. Or so you thought, because Kuina saw them, on the other way of the road.

"That idiot... He's helping someone!"

You were on a particularly awful mood (which is what getting chased by a lunatic zealot does to people, honestly) and chose to keep silent, just hoping they were safe. Also, maybe not saying anything wasn't too much of a bad thing - then the crazy shooter wouldn't hear you. But Kuina stood up, and kept screaming. "Arisu, you'll die if you don't stay focus!"

You grabbed her hand and pulled her downwards, just in time, because that damned psychopath was now shooting in your direction.

"Where the hell are they shooting from!?" You asked, panicked. Was he omnipresent? Omnipotent?

Chishiya shouldered you to get your attention, and pointed towards something in the sky.

"King of Spades." He simply said, the massive zeppelin with that card flying menacingly over your heads. You looked immediately in another direction. The whole situation gave you the creeps and you felt like staring would summon him somehow.