Ain't No Party, Like a Tony Stark Party

Tony Stark was many things. In his own words, a genius, billionaire, playboy, and philanthropist. He was also, in Steve's opinion, an arrogant, sarcastic, and selfish bastard. The two always seemed to butt heads, regardless of what was going on. With that being said, the man certainly knew how to throw a party. After securing Loki's scepter and arresting Strucker, Tony, after studying the scepter with Bruce, brought everyone together for a party.

Almost the entire floor was full of people. Other than the Avengers, Maria Hill, Dr. Helen Cho, James Rhodes, Sam Wilson, a few World War 2 vets, and a few other individuals Tony had on his list mingled amongst one another. Steve tried his hardest to mix in with them all, having some success here and there, but nothing was as enjoyable as the company of his small group of friends.

He, along with Sam and a few other agents, gathered around the pool tables. After a few games of Cutthroat Pool and 8-Ball, Steve excused himself to get a drink, only to stop dead in his tracks when he caught sight of a familiar blonde woman talking to Natasha at the makeshift bar.

"You all right there, man?" Sam walked up behind him.

"Is- is that?" Steve stuttered.

"Surprise," Sam grinned. "Go get your girl, dude."

Six long months away from his girl was torturous. A quick text message here and there, or a one to two minute phone call to check in, could only do so much. When Steve saw Mady leaning there against the bar, he couldn't help himself. In one fell swoop, Steve wrapped his arms around her waist, spinning her to face him, earning a tiny squeal from her as he did so.

"Steven Grant Rogers!" Mady cried. "What the hell?"

"What are you doing here?" Steve asked once he placed her back on the ground.

"Surprising you, obviously," Mady answered. "Nat and Sam sent me the party details and here I am. Are you surprised?"

"Clearly," he answered, blown away at how beautiful she was in a simple, black dress. God, he missed her. Steve was never going to be apart from her for this long. Never again. "You've kept this underwraps for how long, Natasha?"

"Of course," the assassin answered, a smirk on her face. "Now go have some fun. The both of you deserve some time together."

They didn't need to be told twice. Steve and Mady turned to leave Natahsa, only to find the man of the hour standing a few feet away with his arms crossed over his chest and a look of utter confusion on his face.

"Have something to share with the class, Capsicle?" Tony Stark asked him, foot tapping like he was a fifth grade English teacher catching his students doing something naughty in the back of the classroom.

"Tony, this is Madalyn Hewitt," Steve introduced the two. "My girlfriend."

If Tony was drinking something, Mady was sure he would have done a spit-take. There was no way he was expecting those words to come out of Steve's mouth. His girlfriend, oh how Mady loved hearing it.

"Girlfriend?" Tony repeated. "Since when do you have a girlfriend? You're supposed to be Mr. Old-Fashioned-Virgin who gets tongue-tied whenever in the presence of a woman. Let alone date one."

Mady snickered, taking a sip of the beer in her hand.

""I've been unfrozen for almost five years now, Tony," Steve said. "I think I'm allowed to move on with my life, don't you think? I'm not going to stay alone forever."

"I don't like it," Tony said, eyes focusing on the pretty blonde on Steve's arm. "How do I know you're not here to infiltrate our business?"

"Not everyone is out to get you, Mr. Stark," Mady answered.