Being Bold

Steve's knees shook while he sat on Mady's couch, waiting for her to finish getting ready for their date. Though they had been on many dates, there was something about this one that made Steve jittery. Unbelievably so.

"Ok, I'm ready to go." she announced, heels clicking against the hardwood floor to join him in the living room.

She was a complete vision in that tight, ruby red dress.

"Are you all right?" Mady placed a comforting hand on his arm. "You look a little pale. Do we need to cancel?"

"No, no, I'm fine," he insisted, pressing his lips against her temple. "You look absolutely stunning."

"Thank you," Mady blushed. "You look very handsome yourself, Rogers. I can't believe we get to go to Golden Eagle again! It's one thing to go twice in a year, but twice in two months; that's crazy! Being Captain America certainly has its perks. I can't wait to get my hands on that cheesecake."

"You and your sweet tooth," Steve laughed. "The weather will be nicer this time, too."

"Right! No chance of me falling on my butt this time around," Mady chuckled as well.

"Yet you still have heels on."

"Duh, great ass, remember," she said. "Don't deny it, I saw you take a look the last time."

"Fine then. I won't deny it."

"I'm an observant individual," she said. "Don't worry, I like watching you leave, too. Now let's go, I'm starving."

"You're always starving," The couple made their way down the street arm in arm while the stars shone brightly overhead.

"Welcome back, Mr. Rogers," the hostess greeted the two, leading them back to their secluded booth in the back. "Here you are."

"So, how was Australia?" Mady asked menus cast to the side, the both of them already knowing what they wanted for their meal. "I've always wanted to explore the Outback."

"Another dead end," he exhaled loudly. "I feel like we're being sent out on missions just because. We're not doing anything productive. The only mission that had any purpose was Natasha's solo mission in Kiev. Anything interesting happen at the hospital recently?"

"A few surgeries, but nothing major," Mady answered. " I have a high school kid coming in on Friday for a laminectomy. Poor guy. He can't go through the day without having excruciating pain."

"That sounds horrible," Steve commented.

"I can only imagine what he's going through," Mady shook her head in agreement.

"But you're going to fix him up so he'll be just fine."

"That's the plan."

Dinner had always been the best way for the two of them to catch up after being busy with work. With Steve being away for two weeks, and Mady being busy at the hospital; there was a lot to talk about. Mady was incredibly jealous when Steve showed her pictures of the kangaroos, dingoes, and koalas he'd encountered. The missions were clearly a waste of time if he was able to take so many pictures for her.

"We can go sometime, if you want," he said when their food arrived. "The beaches were outstanding."

"Only if we get to go snorkeling and surfing."

"Deal."

"Will there be any dessert this evening?" The waiter asked once they were finished with their meal.

"I don't know if I can eat another bite," Mady answered with a frown. "Which is really unfortunate since the cheesecake is the best thing I ever ate."

"We could always get some to go," Steve offered. "Eat it when we get back home."