1. Waking Up

(Naruto and KHR are not mine. This is a au from the earlier crossover between Harry Potter and Katekyoshi Hitman Reborn.
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

Kyoko came to with a massive headache, 'What? Ow!'

A man was beside her, "Koko - chan, you are awake."

Kyoko mumbled before falling asleep, 'Too tired.'

Kyoko opened her eyes and looked around gasping, "Where am I?"

"Ah! You are awake."

Kyoko, "Lord Death? What happened? My memories, they are so different."

Death, "Dear one, you died in an accident. It was before your time. So your Harry - nii requested, I help you the same way I helped him."

Kyoko's eyes widened, she then remembered one night with the group and Tsuna - kun. He had explained the things that happened in the popular book they liked were real events and it all happened to Harry. The only difference unlike the happy ending in the book, Harry had died because his body was hurt beyond healing. It had been a sleepover filled with tears and a bewildered Harry getting hugged by them all.

Reborn who was watching them had smirked and encouraged them to spoil their Harry - nii as much as possible. Heaven knew, the man deserved all the care and love in the world. Kyoko took a deep breath remembering the Occlumency lessons and started to slowly go through her memories. Let's see, in this world, she was an only child of a Chunin couple.

Kyoko, "Chunin? How very interesting."

Death, "Yes, it is, I brought your soul here because I found a body that could house you without any backlash."

Kyoko perked up, "Like how you found Harry - nii? That is so cool."

Death nodded and they kept watching how Kyoko was raised between two Chunin parents and their friends. She saw how much of an information hoarder she was in her new life and went through so many books. She was planning on joining a Shinobi Academy because she wanted to be like her parents. Now the reason why she landed in a hospital, apparently she accidentally stopped a kidnapping.

That too was not just anyone's kidnapping, nope it was an attempted kidnapping of one of the twins of the Aburame clan. One of the more powerful clans of Konoha that specializes in bugs. It's a bug type Pokemon, Kyoko could not help it. She watched as in the memories, she was playing by herself again, she was quite a lonely child, huh? That's when she noticed someone wearing a blank mask and ANBU gear. At first she did not pay attention then she froze, ANBU always had animal masks.

She had acted on instinct, remembering what she had read about chakra in the books her parents gave. If she could control chakra, her jutsus and fights would be easier and she sprinted. She got there just as the masked man put the twins to sleep and next thing she knew she had punched him. Kyoko winced remembering the feel of the spine breaking under her hand.

Kyoko, "Ugh! Let me guess, he is dead?"

Death nodded, "Yes, and he killed the person who originally inhabited this body. So, you don't have to worry about replacing anyone."

Kyoko, "Oh, I see. Thank you."

Death rumbled, "Your survival is a miracle as far as anyone is concerned. This time try to live a long life. That is what everyone wants. You will see them again little one, I promise."

Kyoko teared up, "I.. I understand, can you tell them I miss them and I love them. Please?"

Death nodded, "Done dear child. Just make sure you don't come to me so soon again."