Backstory

Drew's POV

When both your parents are ex secret agents it is hard to want to do anything else other than becoming an agent yourself. This was the case for me and my siblings. There are six of us in total: Drew (me), Victoria, Sloane, Callan, Navy, and Killian. Most people just call us the Kane siblings or K6.

I still remember the first day we began our self-defense training when we were eight. We all surprisingly caught on quickly to everything we were taught. Considering none of us are biologically related to our parents, I think it caught them by surprise with how quickly we learned.

My parents are able to have children, but they chose to adopt instead. Me and my siblings are all from different countries, but if it weren't for our physical appearances, you would not be able to tell that we are not biologically related. For us we are siblings no matter what and our parents are our parents.

Each one of us was adopted from a country that means something to our parents. Our names also have a meaning to them. All of us were adopted as babies so none of us have any memory of our birthplace or bio parents.

(in adoption order)

1. Drew (Germany) – country where parents first met

2. Victoria (USA) – country of parent's home

3. Sloane (Canada) – country of parent's marriage proposal

4. Callan (Scotland) – country of dad's first mission

5. Navy (Spain) – country where parents got married

6. Killian (Sweden) – country of mom's first mission

My parents homeschooled us so that they could take us traveling. They are both very intelligent so our schooling was well advanced. When we first started training they only taught us because they wanted us to all know how to defend ourselves. After begging for so long they finally taught us many different skills. Including combat, weaponry, climbing, etc.

Our lives took a major change when Mr. Hayes came to visit us. He was mom and dad's ex-boss and a family friend. He came when we were training and after seeing how good we were he wanted us to work for him, but we were still kids. Me, Victoria, and Sloane were 11. Callan, Navy, and Killian were 10.

Our parents were not too sure about letting us become undercover agents, but thankfully Mr. Hayes convinced them. Soon after, we began our special training at the academy. After a year we got our first mission. We were assigned to cases that dealt with families, schools, or kids. Our parents worked on every mission with us as our leaders/supervisors.

My parents decided that when me, Victoria, and Sloane turned 17, we could take the lead of our own missions and they would be our support. We are now 18 and 17. After many years of working in different countries we are being sent back to the United States for one of our biggest missions yet.