6

Now, Kurama wasn't a fan of Uchihas. So when Sasuke Uchiha activated his sharingan, trying to peer inside Menma, Kurama couldn't help but growl.

Hush, Kura.

Dammit Kit, my name is Kurama.

Still, HUSH.

Sometimes Kurama wondered why he'd ever agreed to being sealed inside this kid.

***

Menma held Sasuke's gaze for all of a second before flitting his eyes away, arguing with Kurama in his mental space.

You know I only tolerate him in your world because he married Naruto.

You could be nicer, ya know.

Hell no. He reminds me too much of Madara.

But how is that Dad's fault??

...

Hey!

"-nma. Menma! Wake the hell up!" Menma snapped out of his head just in time to dodge Memory's blow. He opened his mouth to retort that she knew he wasn't asleep, but snapped it shut after seeing the looks on the otherworlder's faces.

"Well?" Shikamaru asked, rather impatiently Menma thought. "Are you?"

"Mum knows. Sage mode is infallible as a sensor," Menma said, shrugging nonchalantly. Shikamaru sighed, turning to Naruto.

"Well, Naruto-."

"Mum?????" Naruto gasped out. "Why am I the mother????"

"Usuratonkachi, is that really the most important thing right now?" Sasuke deadpanned.

"Hell yeah it is-."

"Naruto," Sakura said menacingly. "Answer Shikamaru."

Menma sweatdropped: at least some things hadn't changed. Naruto turned back to Shikamaru, and then looked at Menma again.

"I feel Kurama's chakra coming from him. There's no mistake."

Silence fell in the office.

"So the nine tails is alive in your universe?" Kawaki asked suddenly: since he'd been quiet the whole time, Menma had forgotten he was there. Kawaki pushed himself off of the wall, arms crossed. "Does that mean Nanadaime never fought Isshiki?"

***

"We're getting way off topic," Houki cut in, noticing Menma tense at the name of the Otsutsuki. "The only reason we let you capture us was because we need the Dimension Meet Scroll from this universe to return to our own. And since you probably know too much about us, I'd suggest we focus on sending us back."

"You didn't answer the question," Kawaki said crossly.

"Calm down," Naruto focused on Houki. "So you need our world's version of the scroll?"

"Yes."

"Ah, that might be a problem," Shikamaru said, rubbing a hand behind his head.

"What? Why? Don't you have all the forbidden scrolls stored here in the Hokage building?" Menma asked.

"Usually we do, but during Isshiki's attack, the scroll room caved in, so the scrolls are currently cut off from us."

Houki grimaced. This was definitely not good.

"Wha? How have you not fixed the room yet?!" Menma demanded. Shikamaru glared at him.

"It's not so easy, brat. We have to do it carefully, just in case any forbidden jutsus were activated by the collapse."

"So, essentially, we're stuck here," Memory summarized.

"Just for the time being," Naruto said placatingly. "In the meantime, I'm assigning Team 7 to look after you."

"HAH?"

"Shut UP, Menma!"

"Dad!" Boruto begged, not wanting to be stuck with the dimensional travelers. Sarada grabbed his ear, and Boruto's attention turned away. Naruto let out a sigh of relief, and turned back to Houki.

"While you guys are here, stay with Team 7. We'll work out where you'll be staying too."

Houki nodded, silently praying that this mess would soon be over. 

Hi guys, sorry for the long wait and short chapter, I'm just really running out of ideas. Should the story end next chapter, or should Menma and his friends have a mission to go on in Boruto's dimension. What do you guys think?