Chapter 8

Percy

"Now the basic rules." Dumbledore said " The first task is on November 24. Everyone will be able to watch. Champions are not allowed to ask or accept any help from any teachers. The first task will only allow the champions their wands. By winning the first task you will get information on the second task. And also champions are exempted from end of the year exams and most of your homework." At the end part I pumped my fist and mumbled
"Yessssss" needless to say everyone looked at me a bit weirdly.
***

After some unimportant stuff happened me and Harry left together. He looked worried.

"What if no one believes me, they all probably think I'm just seeking attention!" Harry frets.

"II'm sure everyone will root for you! They all know that you would have to be insane to enter at 14!"

"Yea but still! Everyone is kind of extreme when it comes to me. Either I'm their hero that everyone loves, or that kid that everybody hates because he made a mistake!"

"I know what you mean, but I don't think this was a mistake. I think someone put your name in the goblet of fire with the intention of you getting killed." I explained

"Who and why?"

"Well we don't know who but we can guess it's a follower of Voldemort. As for why, well you're a threat to Voldemort and to his followers."

"But I'm just a kid, I can't do this!" he protested

"That's why I'm here. C'mon Harry, I think it's time I shared my past with you. Well after everyone has gone to sleep."

***
As Harry and I walked into the common room we heard yells.

"Champions!"

"Cheater!"

"How'd you get your name in?!"

The only person that seemed quiet was Ron. He ran up the stairs to the boys dormitory. Harry and I followed as soon as we could get through the crowd.

"What was that about Ron?" Harry asked.

"Congratulations." Ron said bitterly.

"Huh?" Harry looks like he was hit by a confundus charm.

"How did you get over the age line? The invisibility cloak? Did Percy put your name in for you huh?" Ron questions the confused looking Harry.

"What are you talking about Ron? I would never do that, and you know that an invisibility cloak wouldn't have gotten him through." I jump in .

"Yea, I didn't put my name in and neither did Percy!" Harry defends.

"I thought you would at least tell me the truth!" Ron exclaimed "It's alright if you don't want everyone to know but I thought you were my best friend!"

"I am telling you the truth rRon" Harry protested.

"Whatever" Ron rolled his eyes and went to bed. Within minutes his snoring joined the snore fest. Harry and I are the only ones awake so we go down to the common room. Unluckily there was someone reading there. Well it was probably more lucky than not. Hermione knew everything, and it would probably help Harry to hear some of it from someone he has known for a while.

"Hey guys! What are you guys doing?" Hermione asked.

"I'm going to tell Harry my secret. Will you help with the roman side?" I ask.

"Of course, but weren't you in the roman camp?"

"Yea but I was traveling all across America first then I was there for a day. Then I got sent a quest for a couple days, and when I got back we had to fight in a war. And then a couple of hours later my Greek friends came on a warship. They were there for a few hours before one of them was possessed and blew up New Rome. So I don't really have the most experience in normal life in New Rome." I explain. I really like rants apparently.

"Yea I guess not. Wait, did you say blew up New Rome?!"

"Yea my friend Leo was possessed though so mostly everybody forgave him."

"Is New Rome ok?" Hermione frets.

"Yea those guys build things fast. Apparently Rome was built in a day."

"Oh my god can you two stop making things so confusing and explain! In English please!" Harry whisper yells.

"What do you mean? We weren't speaking in eEnglish?" Hermione asks.

" No you weren't! It sounded like Latin." Harry explains.

"Wait, Percy I thought you were Greek?" Hermione asks.

"As far as I know I am. But for some reason I can speak Latin as well as Greek or fish or horse." Yea I'm weird deal with it.

"Wait what?" Harry asks.

"Fine lets just explain and not talk about how weird percy is." Hermione says.

"First thing first though. Save all your questions to the end. It's harder to explain when stopped." I explain.

We then explained every single detail. Well not every single one but you know.

"Well crap. That explains a lot."

***

Ok yea I know it's short but I'm gonna post if because I haven't in a while. I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING! But I also posted today because its my best friends birthday! Happy birthday @windychix2