"Friday FaceTime"

(Rest in peace Dotty, you were one of my childhood friends even though I could never tell if you heard me rambling about my day. You'll never be forgotten <3)

It's currently the end of the day so I am waiting for my language teacher to let us out. I never paid attention in this class, why else do we have google translate? But when teachers try to catch me off guard, I always answer correctly. Serves them right, trying to get me into trouble. I count down the seconds until we are let out. The slow ticking sound of the clock is the only thing heard that wasn't hurting my ears.

I turn to look out of the window behind me to see the grey clouds, covering the sky with a colour less shade. Rain showers became more heavy as time passes, leaving little droplets on the open window. I feel a cold breeze blow through the open window, causing me to shiver.

"Hey _____," Natrix whispers to me with an expression so obvious that she needs something. "What do you want now Trix?" I ask. "Answers,"she replies. "Work for them dumbass," I say before turning back towards the clock, ignoring her constant pleads and begs ringing in my right ear.

•3,2,1• -bell rings-

I stand up from my desk and wait at the front of the class for Trix to walk back to our houses together. We lived 20 minutes away from each other so instead of the rare occasion where we have a sleepover, we call. "____," she says. "What now Trix?" I ask, slowly heading towards the entrance at the same pace as her. "Do you want to play Roblox tonight, we haven't played it in forever," she replies, a huge smile dominating her face.

"I don't know Trix," I say, "the reason we haven't played in forever is because last time we went on, we played mimic and I almost pissed myself and you were on the floor, making bloody fish noises, having a heart attack."

"Oh yeah..." she says, realization hitting her like a ton of bricks. "I'll be fine now, we just won't play that."

"Well what else are we supposed to play then?" I ask.

"I DONT KNOW," she says, a little louder than expected.

"Well you didn't have to shout, check on your phone and see what we can play," I say, checking if anyone else was cursed enough to hear her loud mouth from another country.

"My phone will get wet though and then it will break," she mutters, the once large grin leaving her with a childish pout on her face.

"You act like this is my problem though...."

<Timeskip to FaceTime because I have no idea what else to add to this scene, sorry>

"Bitch you took forever answering," I say to Natrix who was sat on her bed brushing out her brown hair. "Well I'm sorry that my sister picked a fight with me as soon as I got in."

"Your sister isn't THAT bad Trix."

"She acts good when you come over, if you were in my shoes, you would say the same _____."

"No I wouldn't and plus, your shoes are terrible. Why would I willingly put them on?"

"How fucking dare you."

Yep that's us. We start the FaceTime with a mini argument and end with Natrix in tears after reading a sad fanfic. The scariest part about it though is when she starts to get over it and then rereads and what does she do? She starts crying over again. It might not seem scary but when my lights are off, all I see that week is her puffy, sad face in my nightmares. Usually chasing me.

Oh- back to the fanfic. She reads literally any 'x reader' because apparently she's lonely and will seemingly forever be single. I agree with the 'forever be single' because she will but she's not lonely. If she was lonely then I wouldn't be here. If I wasn't here, I don't think anyone else could've handled her. Abandon her on the streets like her parents should've. Don't tell her though.

"Hellooo? _____ are you ignoring me?" She asks staring at my blank face through the screen. "Huh? No," I reply snapping out of my lost trance. "You seemed to be deep in thought, are you alright?" Trix questioned, actually concerned.

That was another thing about her, she can be a bitch most of the time but if she really cares about someone, she will worry.

"No, I'm fine," I say, "Did you find a game that we can play?"

"Yea, it's called Enceladus but he's real."

"Trix we've played that before."

"It has updated, apparently there's a bunch of new graphics and things to do. They've reset the data though, we'll restart the bond."

"I don't know Natrix. It could be a scam, you know the game hadn't updated for a while."

"Trust me _____, it's even made by the same person and it still has our private servers."

"Well if it's new, has the description changed to tell us what this version is about?"

"Yea, should I read it?"

"You're going to anyway. Right?"

"Obviously," Natrix replies, her video pausing as she closed the tab of the call.

"'Enceladus but he's real has had a whole new update, representing the life of poor Ence and how you can make a difference to it. Make sure to fill in your details first when you join the game, so the boy can get used to you being there.' Huh seems pretty legit," she pauses before continuing. "'As the proud owner of this game and the ever growing community of fans that awaits, this game needed to be fixed to fit the likings of the Robloxians. Antares is there don't bring her up though. Get started with a few commands and give him Oreos to boost your bond with him. He loves Oreos here's a little message from himself.'"

"That's the longest description ever," I say, forcing myself to let out a yawn for exaggeration. "Or maybe it was because you kept slipping on your words Natrix ."

"It's not my fault that I am not wearing my glasses," she says.

"Well go and get them then," I reply.

"I can't be bothered."

"So stop blaming me for your problems lazy ass."

"Can I continue reading now?"

"Fine. I will bully you for this on Monday," I said smiling.

"Ok, whatever," she cleared her throat, "'My new and improved place is sure to have enough Oreos for us to share, if you get here before I get to them...'"

*Silence*

"Natrix?" I asked the girl on the other end of the phone. "Trix?"

"_____," she speaks slowly, clearly trying to regain her thoughts. "Maybe it's best if I send you a screenshot ." Her voice sounded shocked and almost scared.

"Why do I need a screenshot?" I ask. I didn't expect a reply but when she came back onto call after the notification came through,she didn't look so good. Her face kept a still expression of horror and her skin looked pale, she sat in front of the phone camera like a deer in headlights.

I opened our messages and read through the description until my eye caught something that stood out from the rest, something that only a good eye could read.

F̷̡͍͔̺̙̊̋͋̕r̵̨͇̰̭̜̈́͑è̷̛̗̳͚̙͇̘͍͕̊̑̿͘͜è̷̛̗̳͚̙͇̘͍͕̊̑̿͘͜ m̶̜̍̄è̷̛̗̳͚̙͇̘͍͕̊̑̿͘͜, p̸͕̗̃̔́͑́͝l̶̘̫͚͎̟̙̺̼̦͈̋̽̔è̷̛̗̳͚̙͇̘͍͕̊̑̿͘͜â̸̠̋s̷̠͕̪̥͐̌è̷̛̗̳͚̙͇̘͍͕̊̑̿͘͜!

My throat went dry and it felt like any remaining parts of my silent voice had left my body, leaving me with a wide eyed expression and a confused but speechless voice.

Natrix had came out of her state and tried to make up words with any part of her voice that she could find, nearly impossible but still clinging onto the part of the mind that said that it was a joke, it was only a game.... Right?

Trix looked at me through the phone and said what our minds were trying to convince us both.....

"ł₮₴ Ø︎₦ⱠɎ ₳ ₲₳₥Ɇ."

To be continued...