Chapter 11: My Fulfilled Wish...

The two hedgehogs are still on the balcony, it was almost Christmas eve and it seems they're not planning to go back to the party just yet. They are leaning against the balcony fence while admiring the night sky. "and this one..? what in the chaos is that?" The blue blur questioned, pointing at a constellation. Shadow chuckled "Hmm I think that's a..diamond?"

"Great! We found a chaos emerald!!" Sonic jokingly cheered "Hedgehog, I said it was a diamond" Shadow replied with his eyes half closed, but he smiled at him. "But if you want a real diamond, ill find one myself.." Shadow softly spoke.

"Nah I don't have anything to do with diamonds, though rouge might need it" Sonic laughed at his own joke, Shadow rolled his eyes playfully "I changed my mind, she'll find it on her own" Shadow replied, in a joking manner that made the situation even funnier for the blue hedgehog. Sonic couldn't contain his laughter anymore. The darker hedgehog finally sat up and puts his attention towards his new boyfriend "C'mon now, we don't wanna miss the best part of the party" Shadow mentioned, the blue hedgehog suddenly stopped laughing and his eyes widen in realization. "Oh!! RIGHT, WHAT TIME IS IT?"

"Its..shit 11:56"

"NAH WE GOTTA GO" and at that, sonic quickly sat up and ran inside the party once again, shadow didn't even have the chance to go after him. He's not in the mood to use his air shoes for he was a bit tired. He walks out of the balcony and started heading inside the bar to join his boyfriend.

- - - -

The blue hedgehog arrived at the stage part of the bar, at the stage he noticed lumix as the DJ, and rouge as the host. "Y'all ready for Christmas eve?!!" She loudly asked, the audience then yelled 'yeah' as their response, sonic will no longer ask himself if the audiences are truly excited about both the party and Christmas eve. He smiled while everyone started dancing with the music filling their ears and making them move swayingly.

Sonic stood in the middle of the overjoyed crowd, admiring the things he lay his eyes on, like the colourful lights everywhere, hitting the mobian's faces with those lights. He smiled with cheerfulness, his Christmas may have almost been ruined with that shitface but he was glad his friends prevented it, something might've happened if his friends didn't arrive at time. Usually he doesn't want to trouble his friends with his own problems, cuz it's supposed to be his, right?

The past few days really changed him a lot, the rejection shattered him truly the only reason that put him into a depressed state. He tried to stand up with his own feet but nothing ever worked out, and for the first time, he felt completely weak at that time. Until, shadow helped him through it all. Shadow was the one who approached him to offer some help, although he never expected this kind of action from his rival, at first he thought it was all just a joke, but he was wrong.

All the great things that had recently happened to his life, he was certainly grateful for it. Yes, all of it.

"Shads! I thought you were going to stay on the balcony! and what took you so long?" Sonic asked the black hedgehog, due to the loudness of the music he yelled his question in order for shadow to hear it more clearly. "First! No, I will never leave you all alone because of what happened Second! I had a hard time getting through that crowd!" Shadow responded loudly. Sonic smiled at his sweet response, the way shadow was concerned about him surely melted his heart.

Suddenly, sonic got a stupid idea. He pulled both shadow's hands and asked him if he would like to dance with him. Dancing isn't really shadow's thing but sonic really wanted someone to dance with him tonight and wanted to have fun, so he just decided to join him. He let out a sigh.

Neon lights, Loud music, And dancing aren't shadow's things, but here he was dancing with his now-boyfriend, the hero of mobius and the fastest thing alive himself. Also, he never would've expected himself to get into a situation like this, but...it's actually okay for him, just to see his boyfriend smile, he will do anything just to take a view of it. He might've failed to protect maria once, but now...he swore to himself that he will never make the same mistake again. Maybe, this is HIS second chance of fulfilling his only task.

Shadow is observing everything at the party, his attention is all over the place. But promptly laid his eyes on sonic, who seems to be enjoying the party a lot, He looks so happy, his body goes along with the music so perfectly, and especially his lips curved into a bright smile. Shadow stopped moving, his attention is now on sonic, only at his sonic. His heart started pumping like crazy, His stomach is now filled with butterflies, and his eyes is only focusing on sonic. Oh chaos, he looks...so beautiful. Why must you shine like how the moon brightens the dark atmosphere?

Sonic opened his eyes, just to find shadow staring at him very odd. He raised his eyebrow while tilting his head to the side. He walks towards shadow and held both of his hands, and drags him to an uncrowded place. Shadow doesn't have any idea where sonic was dragging him. They both stopped inside a room, the room is dim and kind of quiet. Sonic is the first one to talk "Is there something wrong? I figured you'll feel uncomfy around oth-"

"It's..fine, i-i just..ugh...i just couldn't stop myself from gazing at you" Sonic's heart started beating so fast, and he started blushing so madly. "Shadow.."
"You were so beautiful under that neon lights, chaos...that smile" Shadow sweetly spoke, his words are very sincere whenever he's talking to the blue hero. Shadow reached for his peach muzzle, rubbing it lightly. Sonic purred, melting to the touch. "Jeez shadow, you're gonna make me fall for your unique words again!" He giggled.

Shadow could only smile at him "Then I'm gonna make sure I'll catch you over and over again."

. . .

The two hedgehogs are now lying on the bed, both holding each other. Sonic nuzzling shadow's ivory chest fur while shadow is nuzzling the hero's head. "I don't want this night to end, its too lovely.." Shadow whispered

"Why?" Sonic giggled.

"My wish has already been fulfilled..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

- END

A/N: Y'ALLLL sorry for the long like SUPER long wait and I know its already February, it was really my intention to make you all wait and think that this shit is a cliffhanger ASBHAHSHAS but here's the final chapter, YEYYY