Chapter 03: Perfect Laugh

"So uhm.. rouge called earlier and she wanted us to help them decorate the whole club since christmas is near, I wanted to ask you first before agreeing to this so.. What do you think?" Shadow gently asked the hero, he wasn't looking forward for sonic to agree at rouge's invitation so whatever the hero's decision is, he will stick with it.

Sonic looked back at the ebony hedgehog beside him, he actually don't know what his answer will be. But he thought maybe he could have a little fun with the activity, why not try it out so he can see the results? "S-sure..im okay with it" Sonic finally responded. Shadow was surprised that sonic actually agreed, He will never let him down now this is his chance and second attempt helping the blue blur. "Alright, go get your jacket or sweater. We will be heading now." Shadow reminded, Sonic giggled to himself.. Seeing shadow so different is kind of fun to see in his perspective. He love this side of shadow.. "Fine fine" He laughed before heading to his room to grab a sweater and a jacket incase he got cold outside.

 - - - - - - - - - - -

They made it to club rouge, and sonic's friends were there helping rouge with the decorations. Sonic didn't know what to do, should he apologize for distancing himself from his friends for a very long time? Or what?

But his thoughts were quickly interrupted by a certain bat "Blue! You're back, How are you feeling?" Rouge happily asked, while running towards the hero. And embrace him, He gladly hugged back. "I'm feeling a little better now, and.. Sorry for distancing myself from everyone here."

"Oh hun.. No need to be sorry, we fully understand what you're going true that's why I invited you guys to my party!" The bat cheered. Shadow on the other hand, wasn't in the mood to socialize with the others, instead he would rather spend his time watching the blue hero enjoy. "SONIC!!!!!!!" just then, a high pitched voice of the pink hedghog known as amy rose was heard. She tackled the hero and gave him a tight hug "A-Amy.. Too- tight-" Sonic manage to speak.

"Oh! Sorry! I just missed hugging you is all! Anyways, how are you feeling?" Amy asked the same question rouge asked just earlier "I'm okay, shadow's been taking care of me" Sonic said with a hint of affection in his voice, and amy noticed it. She just gave the hedgies a smirk "Mhm.. Okay..." Amy said being a bit suspicious to the two.

"I-is there something wrong?" The blue hedgehog nervously asked, but got interrupted again with a purple cat calling Amy's name saying "Amy!! Can you please wait for me the next time you run?" Blaze said while panting, before noticing that sonic is with them "Oh hey sonic you're back, hope you're feeling better now"

"You bet he his hun!" Amy cheered. They all entered the club with sonic and shadow, and the rest of sonic's friends (Tails, Knuckles, Vector, Espio, Charmy, Cream, Cheese, Silver, Mighty and Ray) asked a bunch of questions that sonic cannot answer at the moment since they were asking at the same time, so shadow came bursting all of the chitty chatty stuff so in that way sonic will not be pressured. "Can y'all relax?? He can't answer all of that at the same time." Shadow spoke in a annoyed tone.

"Shadow's right, Sonic's here to have fun not to be pressured!" Rouge agreed to shadow's statement "Yeah.. Sorry about that sonic, I was just worried about my big brother you know.." tails said. The blue blur didn't hold back his smile and messes the fox's head "I'm okay now tails, now that you guys are here and I really appreciate you guys being so fond after what happened, thank you.." The azure hedgehog's smile grew even more.

 His friend's hearts were starting to melt after sonic's words, the hero is too sweet for them and they were pretty lucky that they have met a friend like sonic. Meanwhile, shadow couldn't be more proud with him. "Alright! Why don't we go back on decorating again?" Rouge announced causing the others to turn their attention to her, and they all left the two hedgehogs so they could go back to their own works and continue what they were doing. "Okay you two will be helping lumi there by the counter over there, and by the way she's my friend I just met from amy's cafe, she was actually one of the employees there!" The bat explained.