Chapter 02: My Responsibility

Shadow watched the blue hedgehog drift off to sleep in a peaceful matter, He sighs in relief knowing that the hero is finally getting the rest that he truly deserves after what he'd been through this past couple of days. He couldn't handle it whenever he sees sonic in such condition, So this time.. He will try his hardest to help the hedgehog no matter what, That will be his new responsibility starting now.

He stood up from the couch, and is starting to head to the kitchen to cook a meal for the snoring hedgehog. He was wondering what food should he cook?

A while later, an idea struck into his mind. It is the exact food that the blue hero needs. 

- - - - - - - - - - -

 An hour later, Shadow finally finished the azure's dinner. He prepared 3 chili dogs and a lemon juice, just for the hero. He thought that if he serves sonic's favorite meal he would be able to put a small smile, just a small one just to make the hero happy and feel contented. It will be a great scenery, He thought.

He placed the plate quietly and the juice in the coffee table in front of the couch where the blue hedgehog is sleeping peacefully, As he didn't want to wake sonic up.

 He turned his attention towards sonic, for some reason he couldn't take his eyes off of him. His face looks so adorable when he's sleeping "Cute.." He mentally spoke to himself. He reach for sonic's quills, and stroked it. To his surprise, He earned a purr from the hero who's obviously not aware of the situation. Now, a smile can be seen in the peach muzzles of the azure one.

Shadow saw the lovely smile, this will be a memorable moment for the hedgehog.. seeing the hero smile again.

The ebony one's phone started ringing. He grabbed the phone from his pocket, He wasn't surprised after he sees the albino bat's icon waiting for him to accept the call, and he did.

Rouge: "Oh hun! By the way, how's sonic? Is he okay??"

 The bat started asking questions if shadow is taking care of sonic, if sonic is doing well, if sonic is blah blah all of that. And that kind of annoyed shadow, as he couldn't follow the bat's questions.

Shadow: "Slow down bat! He's doing fine, he's currently sleeping now.."

 Rouge: "Oh my.. What a relief, Anyways I called to let you know that I'm hosting a party for Christmas and.. I'm willing to invite you two!"

Shadow: "Rouge I don't know if he's okay with parties, especially after what happened remember??"

Rouge: "I'm sure he will stick around, and I also want you guys to help us decorate the whole club"

Shadow: "I don't know rouge, What if we failed to make him happy again? I'm..afraid."

 Rouge: "Hun..if you kept on thinking negatively, You'll never achieve something positive.. Relax alright? We got this!

The ebony hedgehog let out a contented sigh, his partner always had the right words to make him feel better at any situation they are in. But.. She's right though, He can't just wait or sit there thinking about negative things that might happen, He needs to act so he can achieve something he really wants. After all.. It's his responsibility to make sonic feel delightful.

 Shadow smiled before responding

Shadow: "Alright, I'll do whatever it takes to help him recover. Thanks rouge.."

 Rouge: "You're welcome hun, I'll see you later!"

Shadow finally hang up, Feeling more better now that he knows there is a chance for sonic to recover from his current state. However, He doesn't know that sonic is already awake the whole conversation...

Sonic's Pov: 

I.. I didn't know what to feel after hearing their conversation, He's here because he wanted to help me? But.. I thought he doesn't give a damn about my existence? How am I going to repay him after this..

Sonic kept on overthinking stuffs about shadow, But it ended when he heard a husky voice that startled him. "Sonic.. You're awake." Shadow spoke, after seeing sonic spacing out at a distance. The blue hero's emerald eyes met the bloody orbs of the ebony one, He sat up so he could look at shadow properly "S-Shadow.. Hi.."

"I made you some chilidogs and a lemon juice, here" sonic was surprised, shadow even made him dinner and it was his favorite food!! A smile crept upon his peach muzzle, that smile is a genuine one.. Shadow could see it more clearly now, He was right! It was a perfect scenery to watch and stare for a long time. Sonic started to munch his chilidogs and he absolutely loves the taste of it, He couldn't be more happier now!

Shadow's expression was blank, but on the inside he was filled with affection for the hero that's infront of him right now. He sat right next to the blue hedgehog "Mhm!! This is so delicious shadz!" Sonic spoke with delight. "Glad you like it.." The midnight furred hedgehog then replied, While sonic looked at him a confused expression, like shadow had spoke something untrue. "Like it?? No shadow I love it! Thank you so much!" Shadow couldn't respond to that as he kept on melting from what he's seeing.

After eating the two chili dogs, that didn't took that long enough since it was the fastest thing alive who ate it, It wasn't a surprise though. The blue blur jumped and embrace the ebony hedgie, resting his arms around shadow's neck, shadow froze at his place, he couldn't do anything at that time so he decided to return the warm embrace. They were beginning to feel warm from their hug, and they love it.

  "Thank you.." The hero softly whispered..

To Be Continued...