Chapter 09: The Courage Within Him

Sonic is inside his room again, he was picking a shirt that can fit rouge's party theme which is clearly christmas. The bat decided to host this party in order to celebrate christmas eve and it surprised rouge that plenty of the mobians is willing to join. Sonic was pretty excited since he expected that he was going to celebrate it alone at first, but his friends prevented that from happening so he was glad that he had them..

He picked a red shirt, and a green cardigan to complete the look. He grabbed them and placed them in his bed, he's definitely ready for the party! Just then, he heard his door creaking.. Which means the ebony hedgehog had already arrived. A few minutes ago, shadow needed to run to his house real quick, he wanted to find something to wear at the party. And sonic gladly allowed him to. He walked excitedly towards the living room to meet the dark hedgehog. "Heya shadz! Can I see?" He asked while leaning towards shadow who quickly blushed.

"Uh.. Sure." He responded and handed his clothe, it was a simple black sweater. Sonic couldn't help but to chuckle "Not surprised you picked this one shadz!" He spoke while giggling like a kid, and gave the sweater back to the ebony. "I couldn't find anything from my closet, so I just picked this one.."

"But you could've just borrowed one of my clothes you know?" Sonic spoke, he would be very glad to offer one of his clothes to his crush!! Hell yeah he will even let him own them if he wanted!! Shadow stared at the other hedgehog "I wouldn't prefer to, I don't live here to begin with." He coldly replied to the hero, this caused sonic to frown that immediately made shadow regret his reply. "C'mon shadow.. If you're worrying about that then you can live here duh!" Said by the blue hero jokingly, although it was half true in his mind. "Shut up faker that wouldn't happen.."

"Honestly it's actually happening now since you've been sleeping in my house for like.. Uhh I don't know 3 nights?"

"Oh so you wanted to be alone? Fine I'll lea-"

"NO SHADOW I WAS JUST JOKING PLEASE DON'T-" He begged to the ebony, and held his arms like it's the only thing he could hold on to. Shadow looked at him blankly "You kind of sounded like you wanted me to leave is that it?"

"Why would I want that, I just offered you to live here!" The hero replied, he knows it was supposed to be a joke but he kind of thinks this wasn't anymore. "Is there any important reason why I should?"

"Because..i want you to?" Shadow just rolled his eyes playfully at his response before smiling at him "Yeah sure faker" He said, before dragging the other hedgehog to his room to get things done. Sonic needed to organize the gifts they wrapped earlier, with shadow's help they completed the task earlier than expected and sonic couldn't be more thankful for the other hedgehog.

After entering sonic's room they started organizing the gifts by putting them in a bag. "Have you always been doing this every christmas..?" Shadow asked sweetly, he was curious why he needed to give everyone he knows a gift, he can't understand christmas sometimes.. Sonic gave him a sweet chuckle "Its suppose to be a thank you gifts actually, and besides they deserve it.." He softly responded.

Shadow never understand sonic's nature, he had the sweetest and lightest personality that everyone could wish for. That's what he admires the most about sonic. Moments later..something came back from his thoughts, it was about whether to confess sonic or wait till the right time comes. But why the hell did he needed to wait again? This night is THE NIGHT that he really needs. Sonic should know how much shadow loves him, so tonight.. he'll need to prepare himself for something that might happen.

"That's..sweet of you, Sonic."

Hearing the ebony speak the hero's name is like music to his ears, that he would love to hear everyday. "Thanks shadow, you are too.." He said, before looking at his crimson eyes. "Alright I'm done now! What time do we have to leave?"

"Hmm I asked rouge about it earlier and she said it's up to us but make sure we won't be late for the main celebration.."

"Oookay..how about at 9:00pm?"

"Yeah sure, that sounds fine.."

"Alright then it's settled!" Sonic cheered, they've already accomplished their chores and already organized the things they needed to bring tonight. The hero sat on his bed while yawning. "What do you want to do?" He asked in a exhausted tone, shadow had seen what the hero really needs to do. "You go to sleep, it seems that you need it" he responded calmly.

"Yeah that would be cool, but what about you?" The blue one asked "I'll join you later, I just need to talk to rouge about something.." He responded, once again crossing his arms. Sonic smiled at the response shadow gave to him, he would love to sleep beside him again! Shadow headed to the door, and left the hero's room. Sonic lie down to his bed while letting out a contented sigh. Moments later he finally drifted off to sleep.

Meanwhile with shadow he's in his phone texting rouge..

SH: Rouge I need your help with something

RG: Oooo tell me!

- - - - - - - - - - -

Shadow sat on the couch once again, reading a book to reduce his boredom. He's been thinking about sonic's sudden change of behavior, he knew damn well it was because of his situation but..it just kind of astonish him a bit. The hero had been very sensetive like for example their conversation this morning, he feels so bad for him so he was willing to give him something special tonight.

Moments later a knock was heard, shadow stood up to get the door. He opened and came face to face with the albino bat, who smiled at him "here you go! I already wrapped it for ya hun!" She happily handed the gift to him. "Thanks, here. There's an extra one in there for wrapping the gift"

"Oh wow, anytime! Now go get yo man!!"

"Shut up you can go now to your 'boyfriend' " shadow responded sarcastically "As you wish handsome, i'll see ya at the party!" She waved goodbye before leaving.

The ebony closed the door, and headed towards the hero's room. He carefully opened the door so he can't be able to wake the hedgehog who's having a deep slumber. He hid the gift from somewhere around the room where he was sure sonic's not going to find. He gently lie down beside sonic, and snuggled close to the hedgehog, nuzzling his forehead lightly. He just wished for them to stay like this forever..

To Be Continued...

A/N

- Lmao y'all sorry for the late update, i was busy with some stuffs but i promise y'all i will publish tomorrow night the final chapter of this story. Goodnights Hunns!!