𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗣𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 (𝗦𝗶𝘅 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀)

Start from the beginning

Bella shrugged. "I'd ask. But I'm not getting involved in this."

Izzie smiled and looked to the other interns. "You know you could just ask him yourself. Swallow your pride," she said.

Bella scoffed and looked to her. "Or you could just butt out? How about that?"

No one said anything. Knowing that Bella was still pissed about the whole LVAD wire thing.

The group soon continued on their rounds. They had checked in on Harold O'Malley. As well as Meredith and Grace's half sister and her baby that was in the NICU.

They walked into another patients room. Bella's eyes widened at seeing a young girl walking out the bathroom bent over. "You okay honey?" The mom asked.

"Yeah. Can you just help me?"

Bella looked to Grace and frowned. "Scoliosis?" She asked with a mumble.

"Looks like a birth defect," Cristina mumbled as she looked to Bella.

Grace nodded. "It looks like hell," she said.

The patient raised her eyebrows at the group of interns. She sat on the bed. "What are you staring at? Really, if you expect me to be the brave and heartwarming, differently abled girl, that isn't going to happen. So go ahead. Do you thing," she said.

Bailey turned to the interns. "Shepherd."

"Heather Douglas. Seventeen. Past medical history of VADER syndrome," Bella spoke as she tied her hair into a plait.

"Which is Grey?"

Grace smiled. She looked to Heather. "VADER syndrome is a genetic condition that affects the vertebra, anus, trachea, esophagus and renal system," she said.

Heather rolled her eyes. "Wow. Give the girl a medal. She memorised the whole acronym. Which I assure you, it's a hell of a lot easier than living with it," she said.

Bella nodded and sighed. "I'm sure it is."

Bailey looked to the interns. "Shepherd."

"Right. Heather is in today for a lithotripsy to remove kidney stones and a thoractoplasty to alleviate the pressure in her lungs," Bella told them.

Callie walked in. She smiled. "Can I ask? I know I'm just here to remove a few ribs, but have you ever tried anything more radical to treat the spinal curvature?" She asked.

"Let's see. If by more radical, you mean having a steel rod inserted into my spine, then yeah. We've tried. The rod just bent."

Izzie smiled as she looked to Heather. "Removing the kidney stones may seem minor. But it will really improve your quality of life," she told the young patient.

"Really? So this surgery is going to get me laid?" Heather asked.

"Heather stop it," Mrs Douglas said as she looked to her daughter.

Heather rolled her eyes. "Mom I'm sorry. But she's talking about improving my quality of life. And I don't think doctors should make promises they can't keep."