- 1 -

______

______

A/N: The chapters will be edited and reuploaded! Please support this book by voting and commenting to give me feedback. I'll also change the ages to 18.

______

The sudden death of Jimin's father in a car crash had a significant impact on him and his mother, who hadn't been herself for a long time, and neither was Jimin. There were nights when both of them had slept poorly and cried. There wasn't a day when Jimin wondered why he had been taken away from him when he had loved him so much. It was simply cruel and unjust. He felt like being left alone and trapped in a bubble.

Jimin missed him dearly, but he knew the time would come when he eventually had to move on, knowing and accepting that his father didn't come back.

A few years after the car accident, his mum began to get better. The mourning and loss of her husband became less overtime, keeping the memories still in her heart. It made Jimin happy to see her getting better. It helped him to get better as well—he tried. Things weren't always working out as they should. Instead of finding friends, he made bullies. Life took an unexpected turn as he switched to high school. He was the outsider and quiet boy who didn't defend himself when he got picked on, simply trying to ignore the comments and stares.

One time, he came a bit earlier to class in his last year, going to his locker. Jimin hadn't even opened it before he was pushed against the cold metal. His head and muscles throbbed due to the caused pain. It wasn't helpful that the three boys that were looming over him were glaring at him. They pushed him harder against the metal as students gathered. No one interfered.

The boys just couldn't accept how timid and soft he was. They didn't shy away from showing it and calling him names or making fun of him. Knowing Jimin won't go against them, they continued to be mean to him. They called him names Jimin didn't want to acknowledge. He tried to let the words bounce off him, but everyone knew they could stick to one like blowflies.

Jimin had no friends to make matters worse, and he hadn't dared to tell his mum about what was happening at school. She was happy and stable in her life and didn't want to worry her. He had always wanted the best for her, even if it meant he'd have to let another person into his life to make her happy.

His mother told him a few months prior that she had been talking with this one man, and one conversation turned into a date. One date turned into a second date and a third date. Jimin pretended to be happy for her, feeling how it was tormenting him and evoking his worst fears. He held his tears back and smiled when he got to know the other person.

To be fair, he couldn't even be angry when he met the man. Jaehyung was anything but rude and arrogant. He was courteous and had taken the time to get to know Jimin and assure him that he really liked his mother. Jimin could only smile at him and accept that his mother had really found someone she liked, knowing that Jimin's father would always have a place in her heart forever.