Chapter 7

Maia p.o.v

My finger traced the half drawn tattoo of what I assumed was a crown. The tattoo is colorful, a golden background, red and green buttons round diamonds are embedded on the headline of the crown.

Though not completed, it's still beautiful and mesmerizing.

I fancy tattoos, but on others, not myself. If not, I would have them all over my body since I already had one on me from birth.

Mom said she gave birth to me with the tattoo and it has always been half drawn. She would always tell me that I have potential.

Potentials of a Queen, and that the day I become the Queen I am, I will understand what she meant. I shook my head and laughed silently, all moms want what's best for their kids and it's natural for them to speak positively for them.

"Maia! Please don't make me go in there and drag you out myself, because I will gladly do the honors." Gina yelled from outside the bathroom. I quickly wrapped a towel around myself and stepped out before Gina proceeded with her plans.

"What's the hurry, am I the bride? We still got two hours before the party begins, chill." I expressed my thoughts, Gina had been going on and on about this particular party.

She just wouldn't rest and bluntly refused me any rest either. We are either going shopping for the right dress, or shopping for shoes, cosmetics for our makeup, even though we have tons of them already.

And then the right accessories. She even took us to an undergarments shopping; Yeah, that's the extent she went to just to look perfect for this party.

"My boss is making his first public appearance in years. This is the first time he's hosting a party and everyone across the globe is eligible to attend this party. We need to look extra." Gina chirped,

"I don't get what's exciting about your boss making an appearance after years of isolation, he might just be some old grey-haired holding stick to support his weight." I laughed at the look on Gina's face.

"Who knows, he might just look like that sexy God." Gina shot back, winking at me.

Oh well, we might be surprised, I shrugged.

"Imagine how well dressed everyone will be, and to answer your question. Yes, you are the bride, you might land yourself a handsome boyfriend like ours." Gina teased. I blushed, I actually blushed.

I've been impassive to any thing relationship related. I have never reacted to it before. Why now.

Worst, I have never had a crush on anyone, not even in the slightest way. So yeah, it was a shocker when I turned red from Gina's teasing.

"A boyfriend indeed." I commented sarcastically.

"I want your fat butt on that chair when I come back," Gina ordered, before disappearing into the bathroom.

"I wouldn't be offended if my butt is as fat as yours." I groaned silently before hastily making my way to the dresser. She had her bath earlier so she might have gone to get something.

"Ain't you supposed to be getting ready, Devika?" I called out to Devika, who lazily lay on my bed, since my room is now the dressing room for this event.

"I am ready, all that is left is to throw the dress over my head and I'm set." Devika replied without tearing her gaze from her phone. She had been on that phone for a while now, probably texting with her boyfriend.

"Say what? No make-up?" I swirled around to face her.

"Nope, it's makeup free for me." She said this time, looking up at me.

"Why, why am I the target for Gina's makeup expertise." I asked, dramatically throwing my hands in the air. I mean, Devika surely is a rare beauty. She could win the Miss Universe if she participated in the activity. Indians are surely known for their beautiful girls and so am I.

"Because Gina wants you to have the opposite gender in your life." Hina answered as she walked out of the bathroom with my small make-up kit in hand.

Oh God! I thought the ones we bought would be enough. I groan mentally.

"Don't give me that." Gina snapped.

"But I didn't say anything." My face twisted into a scowl.

"Yeah,, but your face did." Gina rolled her eyes, she dropped the kit on the dresser table and forcefully turned me around to face the mirror.

I heard Devika giggling at our interaction. I frowned at her through the mirror. I was hoping she would save me from Gina's clutches but she simply went back to her phone smiling sweetly at whatever was on the phone.

For the first time, I felt my heart ache. I was suddenly yearning, longing for something or maybe someone. I don't even know what I'm yearning for but I am feeling empty. It was as if I had been in loneliness all my life.

I sighed, and shook that strange feeling away, or at least tried to.

It was a few minutes before the party started when Gina announced that she was done caking up my face.

"Thank God it's over." I sighed in relief.

"I swear to God this had to be the longest in the history of make-ups." Devika added, groaning as she jumped off the bed. I heard her walking towards us and then she gasped.

I don't know if her gasp was in a good or bad way.

This had better be good or Gina's dead.

"Oh My! I know I said you took more time than necessary, which you obviously did. But with this appearance? Girl, it is sure worth it." Devika squealed.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Gina replied, I bet she must be making her signatious bow.

"I can open my eyes now?" I've had my eyes closed for forever due to her highness's command.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is the time we've all been waiting for, Here. Comes. The. Queen........" Gina formally informed me to open my eyes.

I flipped my eyes open, and the woman I'm seeing is definitely, extremely, out of the world dead drop gorgeous.

Where is the word I'm looking for? Words can't define how stunning the woman in the mirror is. If I was a man, I would marry myself in a split second.

Wow! Just Wow! I didn't know Gina could come off with something as creatively beautiful as this. I felt my eyes well up, I couldn't recognize myself. I know I'm a natural beauty, but with the touch of make-up, I'm the Goddess of Beauty.

Note that I'm the Goddess of Beauty. Do you get it? If you don't get it, forget about it, period.

I swear this will take a whole lot of work to come off later.

"Thanks Gina, you've transformed me into a real Queen." I stood up and pulled her in my arms.

"You are the Queen, Maia," Devika declared. How I love my friends, they can make you feel like you are worth more than everything in the world.

"Alright, enough of us being fashionably late, let's move it." Gina broke the hug and quickly disappeared into my walk-in closet to get our dresses.

"And she was the one that made us late." I commented, Devika just shrugged her shoulders.

Both Gina and Devika aren't wearing any makeup, although I feel beautiful and confident, it is somehow strange. How am I the only one among the three of us to wear makeup, but anywho I'm sure going to kill that party.

I am already picturing myself capturing all the attention of the men in the party, and I'm so feeling it.