Chapter 6

Maia p.o.v

The atmosphere was calm and peaceful, the air itself was unmoving, almost as if it was containing its breath. I found myself in the middle of a forest, one I was familiar with, but the stillness and soundlessness of it made it hard to recognize.

I am in the middle of the forest that sits behind our home back in New York, the same forest I spent most of my childhood experiences in, either hiding from my parents or simply having fun with my brother there.

But now that same forest felt so unfamiliar, the cricket that normally creeps on the bed of the woods was nowhere to be found, and neither are the squirrels or any living creatures of the forest, for that matter, to be seen.

Even the sky seemed empty of any heavenly components, the heaven was bare of its beautiful attraction with only looming darkness. The earth and the living and non-living creatures were all muted, that quietness and stillness that doesn't give out that scary and deadly aural, rather it gave me some sort of serenity and solace.

Without fear of what might happen, I found myself walking to the edge of the woods. I willingly followed suit with my legs. I emerged from the woods and stood in the backyard of my home, just in time to see the furry creature knocking down the back door off its hinges, ripping it clean from its frame.

What the hell!! What is the furry sex God doing in my home, and that too by infringing? Without much thought, I ran in after him. I followed the sound of his heavy footsteps and the excessive force used to shove the door open.

I rushed into the room, he yanked the infant version of me from my mum's arms into his own and held baby tightly against his chest.

"Mine!" He growled, his sharp canines grazing his lower lip, his nostrils flaring as he sniffed at me.

"My King." Dad summoned the furry beast's attention. The beast snarled in response, but his gaze never strayed from the infant.

I couldn't catch a glimpse of my parents' faces, even my dad's voice didn't sound like him. I think that is because he was younger.

But what I couldn't understand was why my parents' faces were blurred, and why the furry sex God had me in his arms, declaring me as HIS.

As if sensing that I was here, his gloaming eyes found me. I gasped and flinched slightly, this furry creature is not the sex God like I had predicted, this thing right here is a real beast.

As real as any of us, its snout cringed up preparing to release a deadly sound, saliva coated its tongue as it brushed against sharp, long, and poisonous canines; its ears were drawn forward threateningly at its enemy, and its lips were tucked up and a snarl escaped him.

Two trunk's paws-like legs stood firmly on the floor, the beasts lowered their big kite-shaped heads while their dark watchful eyes burned in flames with lust to consume anything that stood in their path.

A frosty shiver ran through my spine, the coldness spread over my insides and I shuddered. My lips quivered and my hands trembled and tensed as the beast's gaze was set on me.

The infant delivered a calm laugh. successfully dragging the beast's attention back to her, I swore I saw his hard expression go soft.

For a baby that was birthed not quite long ago, I was briskly responsive. I don't think infants would be able to do that. The infant's eyes were opened and she stared at the beast without fear. Most babies would be screaming at the sight of the beast.

"I will come for her when she's of age. Until then, no single hair on her should be harmed in any way. You must protect her with your life because she is your Luna and future Queen."