🪶78 - A Good Person (4)

Start from the beginning

There definitely was a limit to how much he could use.

'It is limited to putting out a fire about the size of the entire Western continent?'

(FF/A :- He's such a baddie *chuckle*. )

As long as Cale was not putting out a fire that burned across the entire Western Continent, he had enough to last him a lifetime. However, it wasn't like he had lied to her.

"That, how should I address you?"
"...You can call me Lina."

One of her subordinates flinched. Cale pretended not to see and called out Litana's fake name.

"Miss Lina."
"Yes?"
"There is no precious or not precious when it comes to powers. I believe the important thing is how you use that power."

Litana and her subordinates could see that Cale's eyes were clearer than ever.

"If I can use this power of mine to save the nature, the animals, the plants, as well as people and their livelihood, I believe I definitely need to use it."

Litana subconsciously started to clench her fists. Her heart was also beating quickly.

"Of course, now that it has recognized me as its master, I need to personally go there to use it. It might take some time and be burdensome."
"...Do you need to go into the fire to use it?"
"I think inside the fire might be difficult, but I probably have to at least get near it."

Cale could see Litana starting to frown. Both gratitude and sorriness filled her heart. It was the same for her subordinates as well. Of course, two of them were still wary of Cale, but even they were grateful to Cale.
Cale then launched the final blow.

"I will be very happy if my power can be of assistance. I want to save and help everyone."

(FF/A :- *face palm* Careful buddy your words gonna come back and haunt you IRL 😓)

– This isn't the weak human I know. No, you are a good person, but still, this isn't like you. Anyways, saving someone is a great deed!

(FF/A :- Mighty dragon, you are getting fooled.)

The four year old became chaotic before coming to a conclusion. On the other hand, On just yawned and looked away from Cale.

"Thank you very very much."

Cale put a gentle smile on his face in response. However, his eyes were coldly observing Litana and her subordinates.

Litana had come to the forest, leaving behind the jungle and people she needed to protect, with a single ray of hope. They had been here for two weeks with no results.
To them, Cale was no different than the dragon of legend.

"How could we repay you for your gratitude?"
"Gratitude? No. I have not done anything yet. I just have a feeling that I was drawn into the forest for this exact reason."

Litana admired Cale, who did not show even an ounce of greed. He really seemed to be a good-natured person.
Pay back revenge at tenfold, while paying back gratitude to the best of her abilities.

"Mr. Cale, I still want to repay you for your gratitude somehow. You are going to guide us and go to the fire to use a limited power. We cannot accept it all without giving anything back."
"No, I'm really okay."

Cale put on an awkward expression. He then seemed to contemplate something for a bit before clapping his hand like he had thought of something.

"Ah!"

He looked embarrassed as he started to speak to Litana and her subordinates.

"I read about Section 1 in a book about the Jungle. I read that the combination of the vibrant jungle and clear coastline makes it very beautiful. It said that the sunset there was amazing. I remember thinking that it would be great if I could have a villa in Section 1 as I read that."