Ch.4 Strange Things Happen

Danny POV
We arived at my house and went to my room. I was so ashamed of myself for threatening my friends. "Look guys, Im really sorry i threatened you. I didn't know it was you Tuck, Im sorry..." I said with my head down.

"Its okay, you were scared. You did understand. Its okay Danny don't beat yourself up about it." Sam said putting a hand on my shoulder. I smiled up at her and she smiled back.

"We should figure out what you can do. Considering you changed into a merman then back into a human twice." Tucker said placing his hand on his chin. "Can you try and turn into your merman form?" Sam asked. I concentrated so hard I felt myself turn beat red. "Are you okay, dude?" Tucker asked. I was about to answer when I felt a shiver go down my spine.

I gasped and opened my eyes. I fell to the floor with a loud thud. "Ow....." I said and tried to stand up but I couldn't. I realized that I had transformed into my merman self. I sighed. "Well, now we know that if I concentrate hard enough I can transform." I said scratching my neck.

I felt two slits on one side and two on the other. Sam and Tucker gasped and I climbed onto my chair, with the help of Sam, and looked in the mirror. It was big enough to see my head down to my waist. I stared at myself in shock. I had gills, and when I rotated my midsection to see my back, I had black scales and a large dorsile fin covering my whole back.

We had recently got a cat for Jazz's birthday and it walked into my room.

Sam POV
Jazz's cat walked into the room and started hissing at Danny. I looked at him as he slid gracefully off his chair and began hissing at the cat. He was in front of me so I noticed that his dorsile fin was moving in a rattling motion. Tucker seemed to notice and whispered, "Danny is warning the cat in order to protect the one he cares about." What does he mean 'the one he cares about'?

Danny striked at the cat and the cat ran away. "Sorry I guess I don't like cats." Danny said facing us. "But you love cats." Tucker said.

Tucker POV
Why would Danny think he hates cats? Maybe its because he's now part fish. "Are you guys hungry?" Danny asked clearly wanting to change the subject. I looked at Sam and shrugged. We went to the kitchen and made some Top Ramen. Danny just sat at the table doing nothing. After we ate we went to the cave we used to play in at the beach.

Sam POV
On the way to the cave we stopped at the fish market and Danny bought about ten fish and ate half of them on the way. After we went into the cave, Tucker and Danny cooked the fish and ate it.

Danny POV
Once Tucker and I finished the fish, I wanted to figure out what else I can do so I changed into my merself. The more I do this, the easier it is to transform. "It looks like its getting easier to do. Isn't it?" Tucker asked. "Yeah" I replied. I put my tail into the water and looked down. A pearl caught my eye and I jumped in to get it.

I came up soon after but not completely. I stayed in the water. "Wanna go for a swim? The waters great!" I shouted. Tucker took off his shoe and stuck his foot into the water. "Holy Hijackers! It's Freezing!" Tucker screamed yanking his foot out of the water.