Chapter XV "Confusion and too late"

(Y/n) POV:

When I woke up I was greeted by the sight of a confused Wednesday and Tyler along with three officers at the front door with terrified expressions "The fuck," was all I got out before the police raised their guns towards me "What the fuck is going on?" I asked as I got off the ground and raised my hands "(Y/n) (L/n), you are under arrest for suspension of being the creature in these woods," the Sheriff said before walking closer.  "I ain't going anywhere," "Don't resist," the Sheriff said aiming his gun "You know what the creature looks like right?" I asked causing the Sheriff to freeze "Then why the fuck arrest me?" I asked as the Sheriff responded "For all I know, what I was shown could be fake and you could be a criminal walking free," he said making me even more confused.

We spent a while arguing back and forth on who was lying until Tyler and Wednesday spoke up "Dad, it's true, he's not the creature," Tyler said as the Sheriff turned "What do you mean?" "He help us when we were being attacked by the real monster," Tyler responded as the Sheriff looked back at me before putting his gun away.  "ain't that some bullshit," I said glaring at the Sheriff before him and two others walked out and left "Now, HOW THE FUCK DID I GET HERE!?!?!?" I asked loudly as Wednesday explained how I was in Wendigo form and someone else was taking, someone who wasn't me.

"I understand now," I said while giving a small sigh and walking out "Where are you going?" Wednesday asked as I turned around "Heading back to my dorm, I want to sleep not explain a monster inside my head," I said while walking away as I heard Wednesday follow "I want answers," she said as I didn't even bother to glance at her.  "We all what thing, don't we?" I asked while still walking and Wednesday still pressuring me to spill, this went on all the way till we finally made it to the front door of Nevermore, that was when I smelt the scent that was all to familiar to me.

"Blood," was all I said before running towards the direction the scent was coming from as Wednesday chased after me, I eventually tracked the scent and realized it came from Wednesdays dorm, I quickly slam the door open and ran inside to see the place trashed as I started looking around "What is it?" Wednesday asked as I turned towards her then smelt the strongest place the scent was and saw Thing, pinned to the wall by a dagger, dripping blood.

Wednesday quickly grabbed Thing and ran outside as it was my turn to chase after her, we quickly ran to the Hummers shed as she slammed the door open and ran up to a sleeping Fester "Thing's not moving," was all she said as she woke up Fester "Get him on the table," Fester responded as I cleared off the table so that Wednesday could lay Thing down.  Fester then rubbed his hands together to create electricity as he started trying to jump start Thing's heart again, the first time didn't work, the second was same results, "Oh, come on, Thing," Fester said as he tried the third for a longer period of time, but nothing new.

I saw Wednesday about to tear up as I felt my heart sink and knelt down beside her "He's gone, Wednesday," I heard Fester say as Wednesday looked at him "No, he's not," she responded while bringing Thing closer, but the wired part was even despite how close Thing was to me and how much he's bleeding, not the slightest bit of hunger came to my stomach.

Wednesday then told Fester to try again and so he did, first time no shot, second time nada, at least that was what I thought until Thing suddenly started moving "For a minute, we thought you'd picked your last lock, buddy," Fester said as Thing looked towards Wednesdays direction "Who did this to you?" Wednesday asked as Thing responded.  "Knife from behind the back, Cowards," I heard Wednesday said as I started trying to think "I promise that whoever did this to you will suffer," she continued "And it will be slow, long, and excruciatingly painful," Wednesday said as I could hear her sniffing a little.