Chapter XII "Unwanted Celebration and Stood up"

(Y/n) POV:

I open the door to Wednesdays room as the candles she had around her suddenly were extinguished "Sorry, should I leave you and Casper alone?" I said jokingly as Wednesday stood up and I turned on the lights "Who were you trying to contact?" I said as Wednesday looked at me surprised "You know about seances?" "Tried it once, had to move out," I said while walking up to her. "So, who?" I asked somewhat interested "The relative I told you about, Goody Addams," "Figures," I said while looking around what she had set up "So what are you doing here?" she asked as I just froze "Well, I... uh," I was failing to get my words out until a note slipped under the door 'THANK YOU THING,' was all I thought as Wednesday picked up the note.

"Do you know anything about this?" she asked as I looked at the letter and acting confused "Nope, nada," I said as she looked at me suspiciously "It's cause I'm a cannibal ain't it?" I asked playfully as she just rolled her eye, grabbed a flashlight and dragged me along like always "Some how I'm not even bothered anymore," I said as she continued.

We got to Crackstone's crypt "Why would someone want you at Hit- I mean Crackstone's crypt?" I said as Wednesday stared at me then looked back "Don't know, but we're about to find out," she said while walking up to door "I'm getting tired of this dragging me along," I whispered as she entered as I just smiled "Not that I don't enjoy it," I said while walking in, knowing what came next.

As soon as I entered everyone was already out of their hiding places as I sang along with them as Enid walked in holding a birthday cake and walking in front of Wednesday as Wednesday just glared at me and I just kept smiling despite the murder vide she was giving off "I should have known you were behind this," "Not me," I said pointing towards Thing.  Thing just gave me the finger as I just shrugged and backed away while Wednesday was giving death threats towards him "I thought my cake design was pretty inspired," I heard Xavier say "The pink balloon was my little touch," Enid added "Why don't you make a wish?" Enid asked as Wednesday walked towards a wall and crouched down.

"Wait, it's Latin," I heard Wednesday suddenly say as she got closer to it "Fire will rain... when I rise," she read out "That's not really a wish," I heard Enid say while Wednesday ignored her and got back up "The first part of that was burned into Nevermore's lawn," "It can't be a coincidence," she added "Wait, we're never eating that cake, are we?" "Ajax, not now," I said as Wednesday just continued starring.  Wednesday dragged her fingers across the message and backed away a little before her head jolted back and she fell back, I immediately caught her and gently put her on the ground "How the fuck did I know this was gonna happen?" I asked myself as I sighed and caught a couple of glances from the others "One word of this, and they'll never find your body's," I said as they stopped staring and looked away.

I was at the place were the message was burned and saw that Wednesday was right "Fire will rain," I said while thinking to myself and shaking a little "Guess I'm not the only one with fears," "That's because my fear can get me killed," I said while still starring at the burnt letters until I felt someone grabbed my shoulder and I jumped in fear.  "What do you mean?" I quickly turned around and saw Wednesday "Don't you get tired of scaring me then asking questions?" I asked as Wednesday just starred at me "Wendigo's can die if hurt by a magical weapon or when injured with fire," I said as Wednesday looked at me with a sort of sympathetic look.

I suddenly lit up as I took a box out my back pocket and handed it to her "Meant to give it to you at the crypt, but you know," I said smiling as Wednesday took the box from my hand and opened it to reveal a sharpened knife with a handle made of wood and the blade made of... something "It was either knife or necklace until I remembered who I giving it to," I said while chuckling.  "What's the blade made of?" I heard her ask as she looked at the knife "Deer antler," I said as Wednesday looked at me confused "Not mine, just one that I caught while getting food," I said as she looked back at the knife "It's also got some dry deer blood," I added as I saw Wednesday smirk but quickly hide it.

"Thanks," was all she said before walking away leaving me smiling before I left towards my dorm, while on my way I ran into a familiar face "Sup kid," I said as the he turned around "Oh, hey," he said nervously "What was your name again?" "Lucas," he said while backing away a little "No need to worry, you don't fuck with me I don't fuck with you," I said while walking away as I heard him give a sigh of relief.

For the next couple of hours I just spent time just relaxing, sleeping, hunting, taking care of Eugene's bees, and much more that I don't really remember eventually I left Nevermore and went to visit my sisters grave, but while walking I saw a car speed past me, I didn't think much of it as I just thought it was an asshole breaking the law, that was until they crashed straight into the mayor and continued to drive off.  I felt my hunger grow as I held my stomach and covered my mouth until I noticed Wednesday get out the mayors car and went up to the body, I just left as I couldn't handle the hunger and quickly left.

I was slowly loosing myself in my dorm as I felt like I was going insane 'Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck,' "Calm down kid, relax," I heard the Wendigo say as I just ignored him and started looking for something to eat as I heard a knock at the door, I slowly crept up to the door as I slowly opened it and saw Wednesday and instantly felt my hunger disappear.  "What do you need?" I asked at Wednesday just looked at me "What was going on?" "Nothing, nothing," I said as Wednesday knew it was a clear lie yet didn't push on it "I wanted to know if you want to go somewhere with me, right now," was all she said as I was left stunned.

"Who are you and what did you do to Wednesday?" I asked playfully while smirking "Yes or no," I heard her say as I just nod my head "Let me get some actual clothes on," I said while closing the door then exiting wearing something simple, black hoodie and some simple jeans while I just kept the shoes and shirt I was already wearing.  "Let's go," I said to Wednesday as we just walked out and I saw Enid "What's he/she doing here?" we said simultaneously as Wednesday just ignored us, we then got into a car and I saw Tyler in the drivers seat and my heart sunk as I knew what as going on "What we investigating this time," I asked as Wednesday just told Tyler to drive.

While on the road I was just bothered by the fact that Wednesday lied, but then again, it's Wednesday "You didn't have to lie, I would have just gone with you if you asked," I said as Wednesday ignored me "What she tell you Enid?" "She said she wanted to hang with me for her birthday," "Some bullshit lie," I said to myself as I just sighed and facepalmed myself.

Wednesday POV:

I don't know why, but whenever (Y/n) asked all these questions I didn't want to face him, almost as if I felt bad which was weird since I've lied to others all the time, but (Y/n) was different, he was one I always felt bad about lying to yet I still don't understand why I did, I eventually stopped thinking as we arrived were we needed to be.

(Y/n) POV:

"Just fucking great," I whispered to myself as I saw where we were and exited the car "Ain't this some bullshit," I said as Wednesday walked closer to the gate and started picking the lock "Okay, this isn't what I signed up for," I heard Tyler say "You ain't alone bro," I said as she finished picking the lock and walked inside "Just great," was all I said before walking in as Enid and Tyler follows behind me.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

A/n: I fixed some sentences that didn't make sense from the last chapter and will probably fix more if I find more wrong with it.