Chapter 43

The D-Day
28th December.
Myra's POV

Its finally the day of marriage and like any other girl- I'm nervous too. The mixed emotions are just popping out of me. I'm so confused with what I'm actually feeling.

There's this nervousness of getting married, the happiness of finding a soulmate, the sadness of leaving my family, and most importantly the restlessness of finally seeing him.

The fact that we actually stayed without talking to each other for more than a month and that also exactly after our confessions is like unbelievable to me.

There used be a time where a day without talking to him used to make me restless and here I passed these months with the excitement of seeing him on the wedding day.

And the day is here- the day of me tying my fate to his and accepting everything in his fate as my own.

I still haven't digested this reality cause wasn't it just yesterday when maa was teaching me how to cook or when bhai used to pull my hair and call them horse tails!? Hasn't it been just a day when papa bought me a remote control car so I don't fight with bhai for it.

It all seems like yesterday but the today is different!! Today has changed- I'll no longer be waking up to maa's rantings, I'll no longer be laughing at Bhai's weird lame jokes or even hugging bhabhi like she's a teddy bear exclusively made for me and most importantly- I'll no longer be teaming up with papa against maa.

Its sad to remember all this but there's a small spark which is shining bright just to see that one person who I have been waiting for.

He is the reason why I'm not that sad. The thought of him makes me smile and forget that I'll also be leaving my family and not just marrying him.

Right now it's already 5:15 in the evening and by the news flying around- I heard the baraat has already left and it'll approximately take them 10 - 15 mintues to reach.

Cause like every other desi wedding- this one also had to be late and over the given muhurat.

I'm sitting here completely ready after meeting all my friends and colleagues that arrived today itself. Few of them had projects over seas so they all decided to come together on the wedding day only.

Even Aanchal and the kids are excited as I met them before getting ready. They are all busy dolling up with excitement which I'm so happy to see. Chris is always being with them and yes not to forget his girlfriend is also here.

Yesterday she got jet lagged and also got fever due to the change in weather so she couldn't come and 'meet' me.

"You're ready?" Came Akshita's voice as she entered the room.

"Yeah." I nervously replied.

"Calm down di- It's going to be fine." She said making me nod in reply.

"Anyways I'm going down so I can dance with baraat." She said excitedly as I smiled.

And just then the loud noises of the dhol came through the window. Making me and Akshita smile widely.

"Jaan aavi gai." She shouted before running away. ( The baarat is here. )

I took few deep breathes to control the sudden adrenaline running into my body. I don't even know whether I'm nervous or just over excited.

"Myra." Came mami's voice as she entered the room.

"You ready?" She asked as I nodded witn a smile.

"Ekdum radha rani jevi lage che." She said with a loving smile.
( You look as beautiful as goddess radha. )