Azriel hid his smile when he scented Xander's arousal. He shoved his hands into his pockets to hide the tent in his pants.

"First thing you should know is you should not be excited. You should keep calm," Azriel's told him. That was going to be a bit difficult for Xander. What can he say he is just a horny teenage boy with crazy new hormones pumping in his body.

"Sit down," Azriel gestured to the ground before him. Xander did as he told and took a seat. "Close your eyes," Azriel told him. Xander closed his eyes and he felt Azriel sit in-front of him. Their knees brushed sending jolts of electricity to his already hard cock. Not helping shadow singer. Not helping at all.

"Keep your spine erect," Azriel voice was so deep. Xander could live only by hearing him speak. He sat straight and positioned his spine upright.
"Good boy," the word echoed around the empty clearing. Definitely not helping. Did Azriel even know what he was doing to Xander?

"Now deep breaths," Azriel told him and inhaled deeply. Xander followed suit. The scent of night chilled mist and cedar filled his senses. There was one other smell. That smell made his head dizzy. He didn't recognise the smell but his cock did. It was pulsing inside his pants and pushing the zipper to get free. Xander tried his best to distract his thoughts from anything other than Az and the suffocating smell.

"Match your breath with me," Azriel's vice brought him back to reality. Xander shook his head and blocked his sense of smell. His ears perked up the rhythmic breathing of Azriel. He matched his own breathing with Azriel's.

There was no sound in the clearing except chirping of bird and trilling of bugs. Azriel's and Xander's breathing were perfectly in sync. It sounded like a seventh symphony he would play in his piano.

"Now call the shadows."

And he did. He dug deeper into Azriel's well of power. It felt a bit strange. It was like swimming inside Azriel's body.

A strange glittering line caught his attention. No. Not a line a thread. A golden thread. Xander followed the thread . He didn't know why. But he did. He followed the thread all the way to its end. The thread lead him to an old abandoned bridge. 'What is a bridge doing inside Azriel's body?' Xander frowned.

Xander stepped onto the bridge. With every step he took the bridge seems to be covered by shadows. Those shadows urged him to step forward. And he went on. And on. And on. When he turned his head and saw the way he came by. Xander's breath hitched. It was not the same bridge he walked on. The bridge was made of black obsidian. Shining and glittering in moonlight.

Wait. Moonlight?

Xander looked up and there it was , full moon lighting up the whole bridge. Xander shook his head and kept walking. Xander suddenly gasped when he reached the other end of the bridge. His eyes shot open. He was in his own body. Not Azriel's. Azriel's eyes slowly opened. The moment their eyes connected everything became silent.

The chirping of birds became silent and trilling of bugs died down. The distant crashing of waves faded away. The only sound was Azriel's harsh breaths and his own calm breath. A loud click was heard. A thunderous crack followed. The bridge. The bridge he saw inside Azriel was whole. He can feel the bridge. He can see Azriel standing at the other end.

Mate.
Mate.
Mate.
Mate.
Mate.
Mate.

The shadows surrounding him screamed in his ears. This time Xander didn't cry out. He took in what the shadows were saying. Mate. Mate. Azriel is his mate. Based on the look on his face Az knew that.

"Az," Xander breathed. His voice barely above a whisper. "You are.... We are...." words failed him as the mating bond became whole. He can fell Azriel clear as a day. This is it. This is the odd tug in his chest he felt. This is how he felt Azriel's pain when he was shot. This is how Azriel was able to calm him down. Because Azriel is his mate.

Azriel is his mate.
His mate.
Mate.

Shadow's swarmed around both of the . Xander's vision was crowded. When he blinked his eyes open they were standing in the balcony of town house.

Xander looked at Azriel. Tears streamed down Azriel's face. Xander's hand slowly caressed Azriel's cheek and wiped his face.
"I am sorry," Azriel cried.
Before Xander could say something shadow swarmed around Azriel and he was gone.
"No."
Xander's scream pierced the silent sky. The house rattled under the power behind that single word. Mor pounded down the stairs and rushed to the balcony.
She saw  Xander on his knees tears flowing like river. She rushed to his side and gripped his shoulder and shook him hardly. He was saying something. But she couldn't understand what he was saying.
"He is my mate, he is my mate," he kept repeating the words. "Shh I know. I know," Mor soothed him. After crying himself to exhaustion Xander fell asleep in Mor's arms. Mor put him to bed and closed the door behind them.

When Xander's eyes fluttered open it was late evening. He knew. He knew why he was crying. He knew what happened. But what he didn't know was why Azriel left him standing alone on the balcony. Crying and screaming.

"Why?" He asked Mor as they both sat in one of the sitting rooms in town house. "Because he believes that he is not worthy of you," Mor told him. "What?" Xander frowned. How could he think that? This was Azriel they were talking about. His sweet, handsome and strong Azriel. How could he believe such a thing? "And he is afraid. Afraid that you will reject the bond. Afraid that you will accept the bond, if you_"
"When," he corrected her. "When I accept the bond," he repeated. Mor sighed. "When you accept the bond," she told him. "Why would he be afraid of being with me? Am I that terrible ?" Xander asked her. His voice cracking.

"No, no it isn't you. He always thought he was not worthy of anyone's love. That's how his father and his step mother and brothers made him feel. And he was in love with me for a long time," Mor 's eyes were filled with tears as she said the last part. "I know Mor. I know," Xander took hold of her hands and squeezed it tight. "I never reciprocated his feelings. And I could never do it too. I love Azriel but I can't give him the love he deserves. He deserves some one like you. Some one who can give him every single part of themselves. You have to make him believe that he deserves your love and more," she told him.

They both sat in silence till time trickled out. Amren and Cassian came for dinner right as Rhys came back from Hybren. "I know," he told them as soon as Mor and him entered the dining hall. Everyone looked at him confused. "I know Azriel is my mate," he explained. The wine in Cassian's mouth spewed across the table and hit the far wall.

"Where is he?" Amren asked him. "Gone. He left me crying on the balcony right as the bond clicked," he whispered. "Do you want me to find him for you?" Rhys asked him. "No," he told him quickly. "No, I will do it myself. He can have one night of self loathing and tomorrow......tomorrow I will find him myself. It seems that he needs a piece of my mind. And I will be glad to beat it into him," Xander stabbed the chicken with his fork and stuffed it in his mouth.

God save the shadow singer from Xander Archeron.......

A/N: And it has happened. The mating bond clicked for Xander. You all know what's going to happen in the following chapters, don't you? Anyways brace your selves.  And my weekend is  over, I won't be able to give two chapters per day. I have school from tomorrow. And it's going to be one hectic semester. I will try my best to update once a day. So buckle up. And bye.....