ii. stolen youth

pilot; ❛ TREACHEROUS ❜❝ You'll always have me, Charming ❞

❝ You'll always have me, Charming ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE ENCHANTED FOREST

      "We need to take the Queen out before she can inflict her curse." Charming told his council in desperation. The mere idea of the curse was messing with his head and Rumplestiltskin mentioning his daughter only made his temper and nerves grow.

Anastasia looked at all of the people sitting at the table, scanning the lost look everyone was wearing. She sighed and looked at her friend, the King Consort. "David, Rumplestiltskin is a pathological liar. How can you trust him?"

"I've sent my men into the forest. The animals are abuzz with the Queen's plan." He informed her and leaned the palms of his hands on the table. He looked at Anastasia solemnly. "This is going to happen unless we do something."

"There's no point." Snow White shook her head. Her husband immediately looked at her in confusion. She looked so tired that she could not even lift her gaze off the floor as she sat in her chair. Anastasia frowned because their Queen was weak while Regina was stronger and angrier than ever. "The future is written." She added and finally met David's gaze.

He shook his head. "No. I refuse to believe that. Good can't just lose."

"Maybe it can." Snow shot back and everyone held their breath.

The royal couple rarely fought and no one wanted to be caught in the crossfire when they did.

"No." David pleaded and kneeled on the ground to make Snow look at him. "No. Not as long as we have each other. If you believe him about the curse, then you must believe him about our child. She will be the savior."

Before Snow White had the chance to respond, the doors loudly opened and the Royal Guard strutted inside while carrying a big tree. Anastasia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Why were they carrying a fucking tree into the castle?

"What the hell is this?" David demanded.

It was only when the Blue Fairy flew right in front of the table that Anastasia noticed her presence. The fairy kindly smiled at the King.

"Our only hope of saving that child." She told him.

"A tree?" Grumpy scoffed. "Our fate rests on a tree?" He looked at David. "Let's get back to the fighting thing."

"The tree is enchanted. If fashioned into a vessel, it can ward off any curse." Said the Blue Fairy to clear up their confusion. Anastasia looked at Snow and saw the way her eyes lit up with hope. The fairy turned to the old man who was sitting opposite Anastasia on the table. "Geppetto, can you build such a thing?"

He smiled and nodded while patting his son on the head. The boy, sitting on the floor, looked up at his father curiously. "Me and my boy, we can do it."