Chapter 50 - The Truth

Start from the beginning

I kept apologising to her..." Tears leaked out.

...

"Every time the bowl was put in front of me, I refused to eat. I would rather starve than trying to eat, until Vueko had to force-feed me. Bless her, but I would've rather died than eat that horrific food.

Despite her abilities, she still became weaker and weaker, but Wazukyan... he found another cradle and implanted it inside her again.

Then, Irumyuui, for the first time, began to move.

She continued to move and all the other members stayed close and followed her. Suddenly, she stopped and tentacles came out and started to consume the flying predators.

Seeing this, I wanted to be eaten too.

I wanted to be punished for all the sins I have committed. I ate her children, the ones she cried and cared over. I was pained by guilt so I approached her. A hole opened and after walking through, my body was destroyed and I became what I am today."

...

"Although the others changed, I didn't want to. I didn't think that was what Irumyuui truly wanted and tried to commit suicide, but Wazukyan used a cradle of desire on himself.

When I woke up, he informed me that I was in Irumyuui's head, and that being here I would be able to feel her emotions and can watch over her.

In the darkness, I was still able to see signals from various places, and it was then I realised that her wish was truly granted.

The birth of her last child Faputa... who will one day take revenge for all her dead brethren..."

...

"That's Faputa's mission nosu. One day, Faputa will go into the village and kill all those living there. You're not one of them so Faputa doesn't need to kill you sosu.

"What?" As expected of a teenager, such cruelty was definitely not what she was used to.

Her brain took a full minute to process all the information she was given. Unconsciously, tears dropped from her eyes.

"So are you saying...?"

...

"So are you saying that the entire village is Irumyuui?"

"Yes. That is also why we are not able to leave. As you said, inhabitants of this place will disappear should Irumyuui disappear. The membrane marks the border of where we are able to tread."

He looked deeply at the membrane, "and that is all regarding the history of this village. Did that answer your question?"

"Yes it did, thanks."

I don't know what to feel about that to be honest. Should I feel sad? Such stories were common back in the age of gods but for some reason I'm more impacted by this one than the others. Is it because it involves children?

On one hand, the people did what they needed to do to survive, but on the other they used viscous ways to do it. Which side do I blame here? And more importantly, how do I 'save' Irumyuui? Is it to destroy this village and kill everyone living here? Or is it to make her regain her old self?

"Now, if you don't mind I would like to ask you the three questions you promised."

"Of course."

"How do you know of Irumyuui? I don't think the others told you?"

"You're right in a sense. The others in your explanation such as Wazukyan and Vueko didn't tell me, but someone else did."

"Interesting... second question, who are you? And I don't mean just your name, but who are you truly?"