Chapter 46 - 4th Layer, the Goblet of Giants

Chapter 46 – 4th Layer, the Goblet of Giants

The morning was fresh, and the duo set off, with Marulk waving them off in the background.

"So, the next place is called the Great Fault. It consists of a 4 kilometre cliff, but countless methods have been implemented by many in order to attempt the descent. The most troublesome things are the predators that float in the air and attack all living beings. Furthermore, ascending here not only would result in previously mentioned effects, but also visual hallucinations." Misaka was literally reading off a textbook in her head.

After half a day of leisurely walking, casually killing creatures, and taking in the sights, the arrived before a massive hole stretching deep down.

"This is quite impressive."

"So, which way we taking? They said that there should be holes that lead deep down and act like a shortcut of sorts."

Misaka contemplated about this. She first looked at the little hole to the side, sitting silently and peacefully, then looked at the countless flying creatures swarming a massive hole of darkness.

"Of course we're taking the obvious route."

"*sigh. I thought you would say that. Then, I will meet you at the bottom." Medea conjured some magic and increased the amount of weight acting on her using some sort of sorcery, then she stepped off the cliff.

Normally, it would be a couple minutes of falling whilst evading all the other creatures, but for Medea, she just sank like a rock in water, but a really heavy rock.

She fell so fast that the birds didn't even see her.

"She just skipped out on the fun parts." Misaka said to herself.

She jumped high into the air, and her position was straight above the centre of the diameter of the hole.

Then, her body began to light up, and colours converged where she was. Her eyes glowed with electricity, and many zaps of lightning could be seen all over her body.

Her hair then stood up.

6 branches of lightning extended from her back. Each one was glittering and sparking all around, but it didn't even seem to hurt Misaka.

These 'branches' extended outwards, until each grabbed hold of the walls around the hole.

Yes, though it was a massive diameter, it was still reached.

The centre, Misaka, glistened and all the creatures still remaining got zapped by the lightning, until only ashes remained.

This phenomenon occurred all the way down the 3 kilometres. Not a single bird was spared.

She was actually lucky that no delvers were present in the hole, otherwise if they were caught in the explosion then death was inevitable.

However, this pretty much ruined the natural ecosystem. People would question what happened here for generations to come, but this was none of Misaka's concern.

Normally, she wouldn't do this to innocent animals, but keeping the fact that these birds have killed countless people, she didn't even hesitate to kill them.

Nodding to herself in approval, the lightning died down and she flew down the pit.

"Did you have fun completely ruining the natural ecosystem?"

"Yeah. It looked hella cool!" She was obviously in high spirits.

"Still a child..."

"What did you say?"