"We've gotten in through the mapped back route, Over " Hangman's hushed voice answered.

"Do you know your route?"

"Affirmative," he answered, "Going silent,"

And suddenly the static of the radios was cut leaving a thick blanket of silence.

"Miracle 1 complete," Cyclone said as he came to stand between Maverick and Abigail.

"How many more do we need?" Abigail asked closing her arms around herself.

"You don't wish to know,"

"I believe I do Admiral," She said quickly.

"At least 4, we need Phoenix and Fanboy to not be spotted for the duration of the mission, we need Bob and Hangman to collect the data we need, they need to leave undetected and then both planes need to leave enemy territory still without being detected," Cyclone listed.

"The uranium mission needed Miracles too," Abigail reasoned.

"And we were lucky for that, now we're needing those Miracles again," Cyclone answered.

"And another one," Maverick added.

"However, we picked perfectly capable pilots who are able to achieve this mission without the intervention of miracles," Iceman assured.

"Ice you know better than anyone-" Maverick started but swiftly silenced himself at the glare Iceman gave him.

"Data retrieved," Hangman's voice crackled through the speakers.

"Good job Lieutenants, now get out and swiftly "

Abigail clasped her hands together placing it to her mouth whispering to herself.

Cyclone stepped back to his post between her and Maverick.

"I didn't know you were religious," he said recognising the hushed whispers as a prayer.

"I'm not," Abigail answered simply.

"Dagger 1 coming in, copy," Phoenix's comms lit up.

"Copy," the LCDR said.

"I have eyes on Hangman and Bob," she reported.

"Oh shit!" Fanboy yelled.

"Down! Down! One of them is down! I can't see who from this height!" He reported.

"Hangman! Bob! Report!" The LCDR ordered.

The command room fell silent, too silent, So silent Abigail swore everyone could hear her heart trying to escape from her chest.

"Abigail-" Iceman prompted, a hand going to her back, "No," she said quickly jerking away from him.

"You can't be here," Iceman insisted.

"I need to know who was shot," she said grounding her feet.

"Hangman! Bob! Come in!" Cyclone repeated the order.

"H-Here," Hangman panted through comms.

"Fanboy reported an injury, confirm,"

"Enemy snuck up behind us, shot Bob, I shot back, I can't confirm death of Enemy," he reported.

"Status of Bob?"

"Bad, he's injured badly but-"

Abigail's shock allowed her to be pulled out by Iceman.

The San Diego air was too hot, way too hot, even in the middle of the sea, the command room, the air felt like 10 more pounds were added to Abigail's shoulder as she allowed Ice to escort her in the direction of her office on the boat.

"Abigail!" Rooster called, Iceman waited for him to come over, being able to see tear tracks glisten against Abigail's cheeks, the firm grasp Iceman had on her arm and the solomness of her face

"That bad?" He asked walking over.

"Everything will be fine," Iceman assured. "Please take Abigail to her office and don't let her leave,"

"Abby, Abbs, tell me what's wrong?" Rooster asked gently, having her sit on the leather couch in her office that he occasionally napped on.

"They were getting back to the plane, it was going well, I was hopeful, they got the data and then Fanboy started shouting said one of them was shot, Bob. . .Bob has been shot and i-it's bad according to, t-to Jake," her breath became more ragged as she felt tears well.

"Come on honey," he said gently opening his arms to her hugging her closely.

"Bob's gonna be fine,"