Chapter 4

A/N: Iceman did not die, I don't care what the cannon of the film says, he's recovering and still saving Maverick's ass

"Go away, Jake!" Abigail yelled as a knock sounded at her door.

"Not Jake," Bob's head popped through the door. "Oh, Lieutenant Floyd, I'm sorry," she smiled.

"I. . .Um assume you didn't finish your lunch," he said. "And I believe no one should ever eat alone," he placed a container down.

"Well thank you, Lieutenant," she smiled placing her laptop to the side.

"Bob, it's Bob," he said.

"I'm sorry about Fanboy and Payback," he told her as they ate Abigail shrugged "Ain't that the way it is? See a guy being nice to a girl, he's gotta want summit right," she complained.

"I understand that all too well" Bob sympathised "Yeah. . .I Noticed in your file, even before Phoenix, you were the WSO to a lot of female pilots," she said. "Many requesting you to be transferred to being their WSO," she said.

"Navy men are gross, well they can be gross and a lot of those pilots weren't comfortable with their WSOs but knew me so would ask I be signed to them, if I was able," Bob explained.

"I see. . .That's very Nobel of you Lieutenant," she smiled "You should trust the guy sitting in your plane," he shrugged.

"What about you and your career? Must be pretty good if Cyclone trusts you to deal with us."

"I can't imagine you'll bring me that much trouble, Lieutenant Floyd," Abagail said sipping her coffee.

"I take offence Ma'am, I am clearly a bad boy and will cause you so many problems," Bob said dramatically.

"Please don't, I will hate you and I don't want to hate you," she told him.

"I promise to keep my record clean just for you," He placed his hand on his heart.

"I would appreciate that Floyd since the rest of your team is going to give me a run for my money," she sighed.

"Hey, you're part of that team now, better get used to the dumb stuff," he told her.

"I don't think I ever will honestly, I mean Captain Mitchell's and Lieutenant Bradshaw's files are enough for a 4 season soap opera. And that's not even considering the intervention of Admiral Kazansky," Abagail pushed her chair back from her desk slightly using her right foot to rotate the chair left and right slightly.

"Because with all respect to the Admiral and my captain and fellow Lieutenant, they are a soap opera, have you read the report file for the first dog fight training lesson before the uranium mission?"

"It's next on my riveting reading list," she said sarcastically.

"Is the navy that boring to you Ma'am?" Bob chuckled.

"When I have to read each of your files, your uranium mission file, your training report files and any associated files such as Mitchell's saving Admiral, yes they get a little boring," She stated.

"Well the dogfight should keep you entertained, it has a birdstrike, breaking the hard deck, dangerous flight moves and family drama," He told her standing up.

"I have training so I will leave you to your soap opera,"

"Good luck in training Lieutenant, I hope to talk to you again very soon," Abagail smiled.

"You can tell me what you thought of the dog fight," Bob nodded closing the door behind him as Abagail opened the file to read.