chapter twenty-five

Start from the beginning

they arrived in a booth, almost crumpled with the huge amount of students gathering around it. her eyebrow instantly raised upon seeing venti standing on the side while laughing –  her eyes traced where he was looking – an inevitable gasp left her mouth when she saw lumine and tartaglia in a marriage booth.

“what the hell…” she mumbled in disbelief, shuffling her fingers inside her bag but her phone wasn’t there. “oh god, this is a sight to capture!”

“don’t worry, i’ll send the pictures to you!” hu tao giggled beside her. she was holding a dslr camera and really took the role too seriously with the amount of effort she puts in every click of the photo.

venti laughed, “aren’t i the greatest?”

“what?”

“i set them up.” venti pointed at lumine and tartaglia who are now saying their ‘i do’, he looked like a proud father. “someday, they’ll thank me for this.”

“bet lumi’s so embarrassed right now..” y/n chuckled, tilting her head to get a better view from the booth. “and tartaglia will talk about this for weeks.”

“they’re too shy to admit everything so i just did what i should do.” her friend shrugged plainly.

“what if lumine likes someone else?”

venti gave her the ‘are-you-serious-look’ “oh, i think we both know the answer to that, y/n.”

right. who doesn’t?

“ah, albedo you’re here.” venti greeted as albedo stood beside y/n, she fought the urge to step closer to venti. “what happened to both of you? we literally strolled the whole campus to find y’all.”

“about that…” the blonde trailed off. “we got lost too..”

“hmm, right? there were lots of stalls today.”

when the ceremony ended, lumine marched towards them with a pout but a glint of warm red on her cheeks. tartaglia, on the other hand, was trying too hard to hide his smile but absolutely failed as he checked the pictures hu tao captured – then they started laughing and giggling.

“aw, you’re married, lumi!” y/n teased.

lumine rolled her eyes, the pout still visible on her face. “i swear to god, i’m going to set hu tao up with someone she hates in that very same booth!”

“that’s cruel!”

“hu tao and venti are the cruel ones.” lumine corrected, turning her back against venti who only laughed at her. “where have you been by the way? you and uh albedo went missing at the same time.”

“we got lost.”

“really? that’s a shame. xiao and his friends were here earlier.”

y/n could only nod. “the event will come to an end soo, do we have any plans?”

“venti suggested that we should eat at the new sushi restaurant later,” lumine glanced at venti who was talking to hu tao and tartaglia. “i think that’s the best way to end the day.”

their conversation continued that they didn’t even notice their three friends talking to the coordinator of the marriage booth.

“the next marriage ceremony will start now!” the loud speaker announced, earning cheers from the crowd and an ocean of guesses of who would be the next fortunate couple. “may we ask, mr. albedo kreideprinz and ms. y/n l/n to come here?”