- part 6

- 1st Person

- 1st Person

"Do we seriously have to do this..? I mean, who in the world would just randomly find fangblades..?"

It was no secret that I was exhausted from what I had just been through. A vision of sorts, I suppose, but why me? Why can't it be somebody else, like Wu, or one of the Ninja, even Nya, but why me exactly..?

And to help make myself more drained, I had to help the Ninja put up posters of Fangblades that the Serpentine were apparently trying to find to unleash the Great Devourer. How pleasant. The worst part was that there were people around so I couldn't really open my mouth when they were around.

Lucky me.

"[Name], we need to do this. The fate of Ninjago is in our hands. Its either this, or the destruction of our world" Cole muttered, stretching his hands out wide to exaggerate the words he was saying.

"Well I don't really see how this is helping though.. I mean, why not just try to locate the Serpentine and try to pinpoint their next stop. That could at least get us the advantage even by one point." I spoke my thoughts, as I thought of how hard it could possibly be.

"It can't be that hard.. right?" I muttered to myself after that, looking up at to see the pure white clouds complementing the light azure colour of the blanket that people call the sky.

Huffing like a child who just got in trouble, I looked down at my feet, kicking the area my foot was placed, causing dust to erupt from the almost sand like ground.

"I must agree with [Name], this is quite silly." Zane spoke his words. 'Exactly, he gets it!'

"You have any better ideas?" Cole replied to him, clearly irritated by our complaining, but honestly who can blame him? This dude had to carry his entire team like they were weight-lifts. I only watched it happen, just sitting in the corner, eating some puffy potstickers.

"Hey, maybe Sensei is gonna get the Samurai for help." Jay theorized, clearly oblivious to the Samurai in her casual wear standing right in front of him, as I felt my eyes droop, remembering when the 'Secret Samurai' had to fight us.

"The Samurai? I'm sure she's-" Kai was cut off by my continuous coughing as I covered my mouth with my clasped hands. It wasn't really intentional. It was just the dust getting into my nose, but I guess it could work to help him rethink his choice of words.

"Heh, sorry.. allergies.. Kai, please continue." I apologized half-heartly, modding my head to him to continue.

"Thanks [Name]- I'm mean, he's busy looking for the Fangblades as well." Kai whispered in my earshot as I nodded slightly, before telling the others a believable excuse to cover for Nya.

"Uh, is everything all right?" Cole asked Kai, slight suspicion in his tone, or either worried for his mistakes in his sentences that he has made over the past days.

"Yeah, yeah. Why wouldn't it be?" He spoke fastly, before Nya appeared next to him. "One hundred percent. We're not hiding anything." Nya let out a forced grin.

"Uh huh, sure hotheads. Sure.." I sarcastically replied, folding my arms over my chest, clearly unamused. I seriously wonder how in the Seven Realms Wu handles them. All of them to be precise.

I could see Nya's cheeks heat up like a tomato from the nickname. Ditto with Kai as well, as I could barely see his face turn the shade of blood. Just barely, but I could still see it. I grinned at my work before whipping my hands up and down against each other as if there were dust on them.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Zane holding the posters we were supposed to put up, but he was just looking out into space, as if something has caught him fancy. [Cough cough you cough cough].

"Zane, you okay there buddy."

No response to my question whatsoever. Not even a movement. Strange.

The majority of the posters in his hand flew out of his hold and onto the ground in front of a shop keeper's stall of sorts. He looked very cranky. And old.

"Hey weirdo. You're making a mess of my store front! Yoo-hoo! You got a problem?" He snapped harshly towards Zane, who was simply staring off into whatever he was looking at. He then started to walk off and away from the man, but not before dropping the rest of his flyers.

I walked up to the man, picking up the flyers closest to me on my way. "I am terribly sorry about him kind sir." I said, my voice straining at the word 'kind', before continuing. "His mind just.. goes off to space sometimes, heh." I chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of my head as my hair tangled between my fingers.

"And could you perhaps put these up or give them to your friends or something- please and thank you."

I quickly placed the flyers in the man's hands before dashing after Zane, not even bothering to listen to what the man had to say.

I heard the others follow closely behind me as I finally caught up to Zane, wheezing slightly. I was never really the athletic one in my hometown, point proven by my shortness of breath in just a short amount of time.

"Zane, what the deal?" Jay snapped towards Zane, his only response with Zane pointing to a brown falcon with purple tips on the feathers of their wings. "Woah..." I muttered out softly.

"Ah! It's the falcon! Oh, my gosh! Everytime we follow it, it leads us to good fortune." Jay boasted off, explaining to me why they were so excited about the appearance of the bird. I let out a soft hum of understanding, before looking the falcon in the eye. It looked so... lifeless, yet it looked full of life.

Kai turned to Nya. "Head back to the Bounty and wait till you hear from us. [Name], do you wanna come with us or go back to the bounty." Kai then looked over to me as he looked dead into my eyes as I returned the stare. It was clear he was awaiting for my choice.

"Hm... I suppose I could come with you all to follow the bird. I myself do want to know what type of 'good fortune' this falcon brings." I told the group my final choice, looking back at the falcon.

'What exactly are you....?'

A/n: so, we're up to tick tock, finally getting to the original storyline, and i'm getting sorta excited cause my ideas are slowly gonna become true in this story 😈 be prepared though cause my thoughts and ideas are very devious

A/n: so, we're up to tick tock, finally getting to the original storyline, and i'm getting sorta excited cause my ideas are slowly gonna become true in this story 😈 be prepared though cause my thoughts and ideas are very devious. jk jk or am i? anyways, remember to eat food, drink water and sleep regularly, love you all 🫶 till next time readers! - M

Word Count: 1172