the truth- part 3

Raph's pov:

I froze, I felt so horrible, is that how I made Leo feel? What type of brother am I? I could feel tears running down my face. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, what I was seeing. Leo, my little brother who was always so happy, so cheerful, so full of energy, the one who always cracked jokes, was right infront of me breaking down. I wanted to say something, do something but, I couldn't. All I could do was watch as he cried and apologized for doing absolutely nothing wrong. I didn't even realize I let go of his wrist, until it was too late and he ran to his room.

I watched as Mikey and Donnie started going after Leo, that was when I finally snapped out of my thoughts and decided to follow them. I needed to apologize, I needed to make sure Leo was okay.

As I arrived infront of Leo's room I saw Donnie banging on the door telling Leo to open up, as Mikey tried to talk to Leo to see if he was okay. I heard sobbing coming from the other sides and I couldn't just stand here and wait for Leo to open the door, Raph needed to be there for his brother, so I did the only reasonable thing to do at that moment, I broke down the door.

As we went in all we saw a pitch black room, Leo was on the ground curled up into a ball trying to calm himself down but it look like it wasn't working. Mikey went behind him and started hugging him, Donnie went and sat beside Leo trying to calm him down by using a breathing technique, I went and kneeled down infront of Leo trying to see what I could do to help. As I sat infront of him the scene I saw made my heart break.

Leo looked like so, different. His eyes look dark and Stormy when they were usually so full of life and joy, he had bags under his eyes, that were puffy from all the crying, he had a frown on his face instead of his signature smirk or silly smile.

Leo POV:

As I got to my room I shut and locked the door behind me, I tried walking to my bed but I ended up falling to the ground. I curled up into a ball trying to calm myself but nothing was working. My breathing got heavier, my ears were ringing, my vision was getting blurry from the tears that just kept falling.

I was so focused on trying to calm myself down I didn't hear someone breaking down my door until I felt something embracing me from behind, they were small but the embrace felt warm. I could hear a voice telling me something, but what? As I started to focus on the words I lifted my head and I could see something no someone, they looked familiar but since my vision was blurry I couldn't tell who they were.

I felt myself calming down as I looked around I realized I was surrounded by by my brother's. Questions started swarming in my head. Why were they here? How are they reacting to seeing me like this? do they actually care? But I got snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Raph start to say something.

"Leo I'm so sorry that I made you feel like you were worthless, I promise you your not worthless, you never were and never will be worthless. Your an amazing person and an even better brother,  I'm sorry I didn't realize sooner that you felt like this. I promise I'll make sure to be there for you instead of yelling at you." I was surprised, why was Ralph apologizing? I should be the one apologizing, but before I could say something the person behind spoke.

"Leo I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I wasn't there to help you and make you smile like you always do for me. I should have been there for you like how you're there for me, please don't blame yourself, you already do so much for this team and for this family." I recognize that voice, it was Mikey's. He sounded so sad, I made him sad, but before I could keep thinking someone cut my thoughts off again.

This time it was the person beside me, I didn't even realize there was someone there. "Leo why didn't you tell me? I'm supposed to be you twin brother, I'm supposed to be there for you, and i- i couldn't even do that. I'm not good at this like the others but I still want to let you know I'm here and I'm sorry that I wasn't a better twin. You might be annoying, and dumb, and a pain in my as-" Donnie's voice was cut off by both Raph and Mikey "DONNIE NOT THE TIME", "alright alright sorry jeez, but as I was saying. You might not be perfect but no one is, and that's okay cause even though you make mistakes so do all of us, but that what makes us, us y'know?"

I was surprised, I didn't expect them to feel like this, but I finally realized that they didn't think I was worthless, they didn't care that I was a bad leader, and that they wanted to help me and show me that they loved me just as much as I loved them.

"Thank you guys" I spoke softly I could feel my throat was a bit rough from all the crying but that didn't stop me from talking. "Thank you for being here, I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys earlier, I was just so scared. I want to get better and I know that it won't be easy but just knowing that you guys are here, makes me realize that everything will be just fine." I stopped to take a breath, and started speaking again "but I also know that you guys are going through your own stuff and I want to be there for you guys, so let's do this together, let's get better together. I- I love you guys so much." I said as more tear slipped down my eyes but this time it wasn't from being sad but instead it was tears of joy.

Joy for no longer having to do this alone, for no longer having to hide, for having my brothers by my side. "We love you too Leonardo, we always have and always will, and nothing will ever change that" they all said in unison. Making me tear up a bit more when they used my full name.

From that day on I knew that I wasn't alone, my brother's were going to be by my side to help me and I would do the same. We all knew that it would take a while for all of us to get better but we were all here to help each other and there's nothing that we can't do together.

The end
______________________________________

I'm so sorry that took forever to write. I was so busy with a few things from school and I was also very scared to actually write this. But it actually turned out a bit okay and I'm happy how it ended.
Thank you for reading have a good day or night.