The Quiet One

Running, yup, we were running...FOR OUR FUCKING LIVES!!! HOW THE HELL IS A GRUNDLE ALIVE?! 

"Damn! I thought these things were extinct!" 

"Just run!" Lloyd said. 

"I thought they only hunted at night?!"

"Well, something in the time verse messed with it!" one tree fell, causing Harumi to trip. Lloyd helps her, and we start running until we fall from a little cliff.

"I fucking hate this place!" we found a little ditch to hide in.

"Come on," we dropped and stayed quiet as the thing stood above us. But soon, it leaves.

"Phew," Lloyd said.

"Too close," I sighed.

"Are you okay?" Lloyd asked me because you know the arm.

"Yeah. I just need a second."

"Let me see."

"No, Lloyd, it's fine--" he fixed my arm. "How's that?"

"It's good."

"Oh, um. Good. Very close. I-I-I mean, snugly. I mean, it's snug?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Very much so."

"Are you sure we're heading the right way?" Harumi asked; this bitch, I KNOW HOW TO READ A MAP; IT'S NOT HARD!

"Pretty sure. If this map is right, a river runs through Primeval's Eye that way. And the river leads straight to the hidden Oni Temple that holds the third mask," I said, trying hard not to be a complete bitch, but boy, was she annoying.

"Uh, I don't know. Maybe it would be smarter to turn back and try to find the others. I mean, Y/n, your arm is still pretty bad, and we're all alone out here," Harumi said.

"I can handle myself, thank you very much."

"Anyway, we can't take the chance. If the Sons of Garmadon get to the mask first, they'll have all three," Lloyd said, coming between the two of us.

"Okay, but I want you to rest that arm for a while and let me take a turn with Lloyd," they walked ahead, chopping at trees. I stared daggers at her; if only I could throw daggers at her. I don't know if it's me being protective of Lloyd, jealous of her being close to him like that, or just the suspicion that I have of her that's causing my aggression, but I know one thing is for sure, I don't trust her and that she's playing stupid for some reason, which will get her killed, by either the wildlife her or me.

"Stuck in a palace all your life, did you ever imagine you'd be in a place like this?" Lloyd asked. I shook my head. Is this boy really trying to be smooth? I think they forgot I was here...

"Hacking my way through Primeval's Eye? Not so much." I held in my laughter, I may hate her, but that was definitely a needed comeback. "But to be perfectly honest, I always dreamed being with you," I gagged, third wheeling it and blah, that's the most cringes flirting move I've ever heard, and I worked with a guy who constantly flirted with me for a year!

"So, according to this, we're almost to the Black River. We just have to get past this part that reads Strangler's Path," I said, walking between them.

"Did you say Strangler's Path? That's cheery. Why is it called that?" Harumi asked.

"Places like these always have colorful names. Half the time, it doesn't mean anything. The Caves of Despair, Blind Man's Eye, Hiroshi's Labyrinth," Lloyd said.

"Probably just some bored mapmaker with a wild--Motherfucker!"

"Y/n?" I hear Lloyd ask,

"Lloyd! You're kidding me!" Harumi threw the sword and freed me, shocking Lloyd and I. "I-It just-It tried to-You just threw-How did the tree," I couldn't put my words together.