The Oni and the Dragon

"Is this where we'll be living?" Harumi asked.

"Just until we know you're safe," Lloyd said.

"Don't you have a headquarters?" Yup, that annoyed me, I opened my mouth, but Lloyd spoke first.

"It's too in the open. The Sons of Garmadon will be looking for you. We'll need to keep moving."

"So, Harumi, looks like we're gonna be...roomies for a while," Cole said.

"You have all been so gracious to take me in since our place was...taken away, and--"

"You're safe with us," Jay said.

"That assumption is not entirely justified, Jay. We know very little about the Sons of Garmadon's full capabilities," Zane said.

"Zane!" I nudged him.

"We know nothing about them. Period," Kai said.

"We do know they're after the three Oni Masks. Unfortunately, they have two of them," Nya said.

"PIXAL scanned everywhere for the third mask, but it came up empty. It's as if...it never existed," Zane said.

"Then we need to focus on whose giving the orders. A group this organized must have a leader," Lloyd said.

"Maybe someone from our past?" Jay questioned.

"But they've all been locked up for years."

"Uh, forgive me, but is that...underwear?" Harumi asks, picking it up as Jay quickly takes it.

"We're usually more organized. Ahem. But our leader got lost in a time stream. Uh, they're Cole's," Jay said as I facepalmed.

"They're blue!"

"You're lucky they're not yellow," Kai said as I held in my laugh.

"Heh," Harumi says awkwardly.

"We haven't exactly used the ship in a while due to our headquarters in the city, although it's nice being on the Bounty again after so long, many memories happened here," I smiled.

"What about the suspect captured at the heist in Borg Tower? I can stay behind with Harumi if you wanna press him on who he works for," Nya asked.

"The police have him in custody, but he has refused to talk. He is set for release today," Pixal said.

"Then if Johnny Law can't get him to talk, perhaps Johnny ninja can?" Kai said.

"So, the police are letting a criminal of theft go, lord Katelyn gonna be pissed."

As Lloyd flies us to the tea shop, I decide to give Katelyn a call.

"I'm sorry, did I hear you right? THEY'RE LETTING A CRIMINAL OUT JUST A DAY AFTER THE MASK WAS STOLEN AND THE PALACE WAS BLOWN UP?!"

"Yup."

"Man, they just want us to work, thank the lord I'm not in the city. Sorry, Y/n, but ever since you told me about that weird time thing, shit been getting out of hand with this criminals being let out. How's you and Lloyd?"

"Still awkward as ever since our fight. It's like he's trying to make up, but he never tried before this all started."

"I get, but you haven't exactly gave him a chance to make things up because you either ignore his calls or you just keep away where you know he'll be, not to mention the observed number of criminals we've had to fight around all of Ninjago."

"It's just infuriating, I try to be realistic, and he just blows up on me telling me that I was giving up on Wu and how Kai wouldn't do that and how he's so much of a better friend."