"He'll forgive you," Edward reassured her quietly and Bella shook her head, "I said the same thing mom said to him when she left," she sobbed.

A sudden 'BOOM' shook the truck, causing both the girls to jump, "it's alright," Edward said, "it's just Emmet. Alice is in the car behind us."

Carter caressed Bella's hair, "at least they're safe now, Bella." She mumbled quietly and her friend nodded silently, tears still rolling as she buried her head in Carter's neck.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

When they reached the Cullen's house, Carter quickly got out of the truck, leading Bella with her as they rushed towards the entrance, only to stop abruptly when they saw Laurent coming out with Carlisle behind him. Alice and Edward quickly covered the two mortals, ready to attack.

Carlisle put his hands up, "it's alright, it's alright. He's just here to warn us. About James." He reassured them. Alice relaxed slightly, "what about him?" Carter asked.

Laurent looked her in the eyes, causing shivers to run down her spine before he turned back to address Carlisle. He shook his head, "I've grown tired of his games. But he has unparalleled senses, that's why I was with them for so long, but I've never seen anything like him in my three hundred years." He sighed, "and the woman, Victoria, his mate. She'll back him, don't underestimate her." He finished and Carlisle nodded.

He thanked the red-eyed vampire who took off towards the woods right after. Carlisle led them to the garage where the family rushed around, gathering supplies. Carter went to stand next to Rosalie who sat on the counter, watching everyone.

Jasper looked at everyone, "I've fought our kind before. We're hard to kill." He sighed. Emmet smirked, "but not impossible." He said and Jasper nodded.

Carlisle looked at Jasper sadly, "I don't relish in killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James."

"What if he kills one of us first?" Rosalie questioned but no one answered her. Edward turned to Carlisle, "I'll run them south, you lead the tracker away."

"No, Edward, the tracker knows Bella will be with you, he'll follow you." Carlisle stopped him.

Alice stepped forward, grabbing Carter's hand, "I'll take them south, Jasper and I." She said, staring at Edward who glared at her menacingly, "can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" He snapped and Alice nodded.

Edward opened up a bag and pulled out two tops, throwing one at Rosalie, "Esme, Rosalie, wear these they're Carter and Bella's. The tracker will pick up their scent."

Rosalie glared at him, "why should I? What're they to me?" She questioned and Carlisle slammed his hand on the counter, "Rosalie," he scolded, "Bella is with Edward now and Carter is Jasper's friend. They're family and we protect our family." He finished.

Rosalie got off the counter, "give me Carter's." She demanded, handing Bella's top to Esme and walking away. Edward pulled Bella away and Carter made to follow Rosalie.

Rosalie looked up at the sound of footsteps and came face to face with Carter. Her hostile expression lessened at the sight of the brunette and she went back to packing her supplies.

Carter looked around the garage and all the Cullens who rushed around, gathering supplies and checking cars. This was all for Bella, she realised. Some of it was for her too, sure, but they were mainly doing it for Bella. Because Edward loved her.