🜂 | fool around and find out

Start from the beginning

"I..." Kai breathed out, his brain completely freezing. It was actually shocking to him that he still managed to say something at that point. He could barely see and breathe. He could barely think. His mind was wiped out, completely empty just like his lungs.

Before any of them knew it, their eyelids were shut close and their lips were pressing against each other in a kiss. A kiss that wasn't supposed to happen, not at all, not ever. Not until Cole was–

Cole was in heaven, possibly. Certainly, that must be how heaven feels like, right? Heaven feels like Kai's soft lips that vaguely tasted of rum and vanilla, probably from the lip balm he keeps using. Heaven feels like soft brown hair tickling his fingers. Heaven feels like warm air buffed from their noses. It felt... so wrongly right, so unbelievably good. It was way different from all of the times Cole ever kissed Nya. Heck, Cole literally felt like he was being flown to cloud nine. It was actually enjoyable. Seriously enjoyable. It just felt so good, Cole never wanted it to stop. He wanted more and more and more and Kai seemed to do so too, telling by how he fought to get more of his lips like he was starved.

But then it hit him. Nya. His supposed girlfriend, Kai's sister.

Cole pulled away, panic overtaking his consciousness. An alarm could be heard blaring in his mind. Kai stayed in the spot, processing what just happened and thinking, 'would it be bad if it happened again?'. For a few moments he thought that the next time his eyes opened, he could see the ceiling of his bedroom. There was no way of counting all the times he woke up from yet another dream to the disappointing reality. His insides swirled in some unknown feeling and then he finally dared to face the supposed situation.

When he opened his eyes, he could see Cole pacing in the kitchen, muttering, "Oh my god, no, no, no, no..." frantically as he tugged on his hair that was just seconds ago being caressed by Kai's very own hands.

Cole had to find a way to get away from the hypnotizing magnet that Kai was being at the moment. Since when did Kai turn into a siren? "No, this is terrible. This is so bad. So, so bad..."

"Really? I rather liked it, actually..." replied Kai with an absent look in his eyes.

"No! No, Kai, this wasn't supposed to happen! I was supposed to make up with Nya— your sister —I– I'm supposed to like girls– women!" Cole's head felt too light, everything was almost spinning already and he was pretty sure he was about to rip his own hair out.

"Well, then we'll just pretend it never happened, it was just a kiss anyway," replied Kai, trying to somehow help again. It was the least he could do. "Just a kiss..." he whispered to himself. Stupid. So stupid...

"I can't have her break up with me before the dinner with my dad," Cole continued to freak out. Eventually, Kai stood up as well, walking over and taking Cole's hands in his, making him stop the frantic pacing.

"Hey now, calm down, it'll be fine. You're right, she's my sister, so I'll be also able to talk to her. It'll be fine, I swear, we can fix this." But Cole rushed to get out of Kai's grasp, putting his hands in the air and backing away. It was too tempting, too dangerous.

"No. No, the last time you did this you kissed me."

"What?" exclaimed Kai. "I kissed you? You kissed me!"

"That's not– I'm literally dating your sister!" defended Cole himself.

"Yeah, well, say that to your..." Kai waved his hand around, trying to find words in his still clouded mind. "Super– S... seductive fucking pair of lips that kept looking at me like that!"