Around the world we go (Children-friendly version)

SO THIS IS THE ONE I'M TURNING IN FOR SCIENCE. NO SHIP IN THIS ONE, SORRY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two boys were in a park, walking together to their home after school had ended. Their names are Zach and Xerox.

Zach and Xerox were chatting the whole time and because of that they didn't notice the giant eagle flying towards them, but it was behind them.

The eagle swoops at them, picks them up by their shirts and tossed them onto its back.

They looked around with both of them being shocked and confused at the same time.

Suddenly, they started going higher. They were going through the atmosphere and through the layers which had signs on clouds that had the name of the layer of the atmosphere they were in as they pass by. The layers that they passed were: Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, Thermosphere, and Exosphere. It also said on how long it was.

Off to the side were some random lines that said the altitude. They also knew what altitude they were in from the signs.

Once they got to the Exosphere, they saw lines form before their eyes and suddenly, the eagle starts talking. "Yes, I can talk." It said to the shocked boys. "Those lines represent the coordinates and they are known as longitude and latitude. Longitude is the distance of East and West. Latitude, however, is the distance of North and South of the equator. It also determines the amount and the angle of sunlight an area receives." It explains.

Slowly, they start to go down and they flew around the rest of the way, identifying the regions and the climate of each one. "Look, Xerox! We're in the temperate regions!" Zach exclaimed and Xerox just chuckled. A few minutes later, Zach was shivering. Xerox took off his jacket and gave it to Zach who gladly puts it on. "Looks like we're in the Polar Regions! No wonder why it's so cold!" Xerox yelled.

Suddenly, while they were near the equator, they feel strong winds and they find out that there was a hurricane nearby.

"Hold on to your hats!" The eagle yelled. "BUT WE DON'T HAVE HATS!" Both boys exclaimed. "WHATEVER! HOLD ON TO YOUR HEADPHONES AND SUNGLASSES! BETTER?" The eagle yelled over the strong winds. The giant eagle, which was strong because of its size, managed to overcome the winds and flew to the park.

Once they got to the park, the eagle landed on the ground and let the boys get off his back. "Thanks for taking us around the world and teaching us about the regions!" Zach told the eagle cheerfully. "You're welcome!" It replied. It screeched and flew away.

Xerox and Zach watched the eagle fly away. Once it was out of sight, they turned to the direction of their house and walked home.

THE END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not as great as the fanfic version, is it? Well, that's probably because this is the children's version. Yeah....

@Ask-Bonnie

@Chikoflame