"What are we watching?" JJ asked and I snuggled closer to his chest. He was leaned against my headboard and my back rested halfway into his chest while I ate.

"Nothing, I was sleeping when you called." I explained, "you can pick whatever you want." He happily snatched the remote from off my nightstand and browsed Netflix to pick a show.

"Let's watch Survivor," He said and clicked onto the show, beginning the first episode, "I'd totally win this shit."

"You have the survival instincts of a cockroach." I joked with him. He looked to me with a playful hurt expression and I began laughing as I sat the mostly empty bowl of ice cream onto my nightstand. When I sat back up I began coughing and leaned forward, JJ placed a hand on my back and rubbed circles, doing the best he could to comfort me.

"C'mere." He ushered once I stopped coughing. His arms were open and I laid into his chest as we scooted down the bed to be more comfortable, "Here, your mom told me to take your temp again. She said it was 101 this morning." He slipped the thermometer from his pocket and I grabbed it from him, sticking it into my mouth.

I folded my arms into my chest and laid practically on top of him as he played with my hair, my eyes reluctantly started to close before the thermometer began beeping. JJ slipped it out of my mouth, "102, your fever is getting worse." He held onto my shoulder as he leaned off the bed and grabbed his backpack, slipping some medicine he had brought out of it, "Pope told me to give you the orange stuff during the day then the blue stuff at night." He held up two bottles.

"Wow, they wouldn't happen to be called 'Dayquil' and 'Nyquil', could they?" I joked and looked up, seeing my suspicions were in fact correct as he looked from me to the medicine.

"Smartass." He chuckled. I grabbed the DayQuil from him and drank some of it, scrunching my nose because of the taste, "Now lay back down and relax." He didn't have to tell me twice, I've been stuck in a constant state of exhaustion.

We laid in bed for hours, JJ going from rubbing my back to playing with my hair. I had one leg bent over his with one arm wrapped around his torso, my head on his chest as he sat partially up onto my headboard so he could still see the TV.

As the sun began to set I heard a soft knock on my door, "Y/n?," My mom opened the door slowly, "Feeling any better?" I quickly closed my eyes and pretended I was sleeping. I knew if I was awake she was going to convince me to get up and go outside for 'fresh air' before going to sleep but I didn't want to risk throwing up so I avoided the conversation entirely.

JJ shook my shoulder gently, "She must've fallen asleep." He said quietly to my mom, "I gave her some DayQuil about four hours ago, so in a couple hours if she's not awake I'll wake her up and take more."

"Thank you, JJ, can you also make sure she gets some fresh air at some point tonight? Poor girl has been locked in this stuffy room all day," My mom asked and I felt him nod his head.

"I can do that." He answered.

"It means a lot to me that you take care of her the way you do, she loves you a lot." Great, thanks for completely embarrassing me, mother. I thought to myself and was tempted to open my eyes and blow my cover but I was curious what JJ would say next. So, I kept my eyes closed and acted as if I was still peacefully sleeping.

"I couldn't sit around all day knowing she was sick, I love her too much to do that and plus," His hold on me instinctively tightened, "she'd do the same for me."

"That she would, goodnight, JJ."

"Goodnight, Mrs. L/n." Once I heard my door close I peaked one eye open to make sure the coast was clear. I saw it was and looked up at my boyfriend and cracked a smile, "I knew you were awake." He exhaled a small laugh and held my jaw as I looked up at him.

"So, you love me, huh?" JJ and I have been together for a little over six months now and neither of us were big on saying the phrase 'I love you'. It's not that we didn't love each other, we just opted to show one another instead of use words. He began to blush and gently pushed my head so I was looking away from him.

"You need fresh air," He tried changing the subject and got out of bed, I let my body fall off of him and onto the mattress as he went to both of my windows and opened them, "and more medicine before we go to bed."

"Don't change the subject." I grabbed his hand as he walked back to my bed and held onto it as he swung them back and forth. He hovered over me and leaned down, kissing my lips quickly.

"I do love you." He said it as if it was a fact, like I should have already known, "And I'm totally going to get sick now." I laughed and scooted over so he could lay back down, returning to how we were laying before.

"I love you too, JJ," I chirped, not being able to stop the butterflies in my stomach. Once again, to hide the blush in his cheeks, he looked away and grabbed the NyQuil off my nightstand and handed it to me.

Once I took the medicine I knew in about thirty minutes I'd be knocked out cold for the night so I took this time to cuddle right up next to him. I felt so relaxed around him, so comfortable.

Even though I was sick, I went to sleep that night feeling like I was on cloud nine.

__________

Okay, question time.

Do you guys like reading short imagines or longer ones? I prefer anywhere in the 1,000-2,500 word range but I often get lost in the words and could write 10,000.

What type of imagines do you like the most? I can honestly write about anything, if you say 'I want this, this, and this to happen' I could write about it.

Favorite tropes? (Ex: enemies to lovers, forbidden lovers, unrequited love, the list goes on)

I genuinely want to write imagines that people will enjoy reading, along with what I enjoy writing. Although I'm not the best writer, it is something I really enjoy doing so any feedback is appreciated <3