Chapter 5 : The Hustle

You wake up to the feeling of a couple of paws messing with your blanket, you shift and open your eyes. A pair of familiar green eyes find yours, you smile and pet the black cat who has practically made you theirs. You gently sit up and the cat hops off to go claw at the door, you stretch and get up.

You giggle softly, "Alright little guy, I hear you." you mumble as you tiredly open the door. The little black cat rushes out and coos as they rub up against a tired Damien/Daryl. This only furthers your giggling.

"Hey buddy, I was looking for you. I didn't know he slept in your room, Y/N." Damien/Daryl chuckles.

"Yeah, he really wanted to come inside... What's his name?" You ask curiously.

"Moth, found him creeping around my trash a couple of years ago so I took him in. He's a sweet guy." Damien/Daryl chuckles, petting Moth's little head.

"That's so cute, oh um hey! I gotta go to the diner in like an hour, that's fine right?"

"Of course!" Damien/Daryl says, "Just take care, alright?"

"Mhm!" You hum and go back into your room to change.

As you go through your clothes, you can't help but want to go shopping. You didn't really have enough time to pack all your clothes, do laundry, and you didn't think you'd have space to put everything... So you don't have to much and you kind of want to dress nicely... Surely you don't want to impress a certain guy! You just want to look nice right? Yeah. Definitely.

You pick out a nice white button up and pull on some dark pants, it's a little hotter than normal today so you make sure you have an undershirt just in case. You barely notice a small box on the dresser and it has your name on it, obviously, it's from Damien/Daryl. You casually open it and see a pair of keys for the house plus 100 bucks, now you feel worse about staying here. First, he's giving you a place to live rent-free, and now he's giving you money. You seriously have to pay him back somehow.

Once you're finished up, you head to the bathroom to finish up your daily routine like always. Fixing your hair, brushing your teeth, making sure you look nice, and putting on your shoes since you left them here in the night. You finish your business and walk to the kitchen where Damien/Daryl has a little cute breakfast for you, he seems in a rush as well though.

"You got early work too?" You ask as he packs his journals and pens/pencils.

"Yep! Have to finish a story and interviews are early today. Going out of town for the day, I probably won't be here later." He trails off before continuing, "You got the keys I left you? And the money? You might wanna buy yourself something if I'm not back."

"You're very sweet for all this, Damien/Daryl. Take care alright?" You sweetly say, a little oblivious to the blush that forms on his cheeks.

"Yeah, you too. Hope your first day is good." You smile as you sit down for breakfast, "Thanks for everything again."

Damien/Daryl nods as he opens the front door and leaves, the engine of his car starting up before silence. That is until Moth hops up onto the table to stare at you with his big bright eyes. You roll your eyes at him, he's a cutie.

"Thank you too, Moth." You joke as he hops down when he notices his bowl of food and water in the corner which you somehow missed the first day here.

You eat happily, thinking about what your first day has in store for you, hopefully, William hasn't lost interest in you... Wait- why are you thinking and hoping for that?! Ughhh...

You finish your meal and hurry to do your dishes and pet Moth. Making sure he has sustainable food and water prior to leaving. You don't actually remember if they told you how long you'd be working, they seemed to start closing up food and locking down the animatronics at around the time you left. Maybe they close at 7? You don't know if you'll be there the full time though...

As you take your walk to the Fredbear's, you can't help but enjoy the scenery, it really is a lovely town. Definitely, more close knit than your old place. Kanarraville was more populated but more or less it was bigger families keeping to themselves. Sometimes you feel like you failed. You're your family's only son and you're a runaway...

Your thoughts come to a stop when you find yourself Infront of the Diner, you check the door and it is locked so you knock. You're a little early and the lights are off so maybe you're the first one? Whatever it is, you knock again for good measure and lean against the wall. You check your phone and groan as you realize it's only half charged, you're shocked to see a transfer of 100 bucks to your bank account from your parents? You have total confusion, why would they-

"Uh, we're not open till 9:30 AM..." A man's voice says, taking you out of your thoughts.

You perk up and struggle for words, "Um... New hire. Sorry uh, I'm with William." You mumble.

The man thinks for a second, "Oh! Yeah, Henry told me last night. Forgot, uh welcome to the Fredbear Family?" He mumbles awkwardly.

He pulls his keys out and unlocks the door, "Uh, I'm Scott by the way. I work most of the morning shifts so expect to see me opening up the place." Scott trails off as he turns on all the lights as well as opens the curtains and the food section.

"Uh, I'm Y/N. William's new assistant, I guess."

"William is normally here a little late, weird for a guy who hates others being late but..." Scott notices someone else, "Hey Jeremy. I didn't realize you were here."

You turn around and notice another guy, he waves shyly before noticing you as well. It seemed like he was going to unlock the door but was a little late.

"Oh this is Y/N, he's the new hire that Henry told us about. Apparently, William hired him yet isn't even here to let the guy in." Scott jokes.

The other guy, Jeremy, just nods and goes back to whatever he was doing in the back area of the diner which you haven't seen yet...

"So... While we wait for the two owners to show up, want a tour?" Scott asks, a slight grin on his face.

"Oh, sure! I've only seen Parts and Service really, I have SO many questions though. I'll ask William later..." You mumble.

"If they're about the animatronics, yeah, I wouldn't be able to answer those. These guys give me the creeps," Scott mutters with a slight chuckle.

Scott guides you to the control room, it's fairly small and the number of buttons is... concerning. Apparently, they control every movement of these guys when they're on, or was it off Spring lock mode? Whatever that is... It really is all about the hustle in this place.

"I don't know too much about this place other than turning the stage lights on... I should show you the security office now, it's not the best but it's like the safe room."

"Security?" You ask, confused as to why a place like this needs security.

"Well yeah, in William's words. A place with state of the art tech like this needs security. We don't want people coming in and stealing the, quote on quote babies." Scott says with a chuckle.

You laugh in return, "William calls these the babies?" you question.

"Yep! I mean, it is his life's work, it just comes off a little weird..." Scott says, trailing off as he guides you to the security office.

He pulls out the keys and unlocks the door, motioning to get in, and as he said, it's small. The mass amount of furniture might be to blame, it has a desk, chair, lockers, printers, cabinets, shelves, another desk, and chair as well as merch? You can't help but giggle at the merch and there's also a container that seems to be full of paper and crayons, probably for kids. The fire hatch thingy is also in here, surprising the axe is gone... A little weird but you ignore it.

"It's so cute and cozy in here..." You mumble, a smirk on your face as Scott chuckles.

"Not too cute if you're on night shift, I've done it a couple of times and the animatronics are terrifying in the dark black and white cameras..." Scott says with a shudder.

"Really? Hard to see, they're pretty cute." You giggle, half joking since yeah, they can be intimidating. You can't imagine staring at these for hours.

"Now you sound like William." Scott chuckles as he jokes.

"Is that a bad thing? A sudden voice asks.